Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada Will Require Negative COVID-19 Test 72 Hours Before Arrival

Canada Will Require Negative COVID-19 Test 72 Hours Before Arrival

Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
So I have been spending big bucks at the airport for rapid covid screening. Now that Walgreens has ID Now (when the border first opened up, they didn't) this is now my go to whenever possible.

No cost and results within 45 minutes.

It is a shame the Canadian government does not sponsor a similar thing up here
Old Oct 25, 2021, 9:00 am

does anyone know if the government is planning to implement lateral flow tests anytime soon?
Old Feb 21, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question what about IRROPs ?

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I have been paying for the RT-PCR tests out of travel necessity of late but the costs are getting up there. It would be nice for fully vaxxed travellers to have a few options. I know the 72 hour free test is there but not fully reliable (in getting it back on time) and useless if you are stateside for less than 72.
I have had 4 PCR tests to date - two in YOW for $180-$200, one in AMS for 79 euros and one in BER for 50 euros. So I agree with lcohen999.........the tests get expensive, esp. if you happen to live in Canada!

So here is my question.............have any FTs paid for a test, then had their flight (s) cancelled or changed and as a result, the test result is no longer valid since by the time of the replacement flight the result is no longer valid? Seriously, it must have happened?

Last edited by Antonio8069; Feb 21, 2022 at 11:50 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:51 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I have had 4 PCR tests to date - two in YOW for $180-$200, one in AMS for 79 euros and one in BER for 50 euros. So I agree with lcohen999.........the tests get expensive, esp. if you happen to live in Canada!
I got my PCR tests in AMS and BER last year for free. Are those no longer available?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: A3, AC
Hoping someone can check my interpretation here-I think based on the published info on the govt site that I'll need to take a molecular test(PCR, NAAT, RT-LAMP) for re-entry?
Fully vaxxed, Canadian citizen.
Itinerary is to take SQ12 which leaves at 9AM local, gets into LAX at 12:50 local. Transfer to AC557 which doesn't get into YVR until around 9:30pm local.
Originally Posted by travel.gc.ca
  • Starting February 28: proof of a professionally administered or observed negative antigen test taken outside of Canada no more than 1 day before your scheduled flight or entry to Canada by land or water
    • the one day window does not depend on the time of day the test was taken or the time of your flight or entry
    • for example, if your flight is scheduled to leave or you enter by land any time on Friday, you could provide proof of a negative result from an antigen test taken any time on Thursday, or on Friday
    • it must be administered or observed by a pharmacy, laboratory, healthcare entity or telehealth service
    • the test must be authorized for sale or distribution in Canada or in the jurisdiction in which it was obtained
    • the test must be performed outside of Canada
Old Mar 16, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Breaking: Canada to drop all arrival testing for vaccinated individuals effective April 1st
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada...il-1-1.5821622
LETTERBOY and frankycrankie like this.

Last edited by wysiwyg; Mar 16, 2022 at 10:55 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.