Reload this Page >

No mask? no note? No fly!

Old Aug 10, 20, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...d-19-1.5681510

Transport Canada says if you can't wear a mask for medical reasons, prove it or don't fly

Old Aug 10, 20, 8:20 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Flying Blue
Thumbs up to that!
Old Aug 10, 20, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC, Marriott
I've yet to see anyone without a mask on the 7 flights I've taken starting in July. Happy to see a this being enforced now as travel is sure picking up

Last edited by TechnoTourist; Aug 10, 20 at 9:38 pm
Old Aug 10, 20, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

Moved to the Canada forum as this topic isn't Air Canada specific.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Aug 10, 20, 9:59 pm

It's a great idea to use mask even on fights but the problem is that many people struggling breathing in it
Old Aug 11, 20, 5:24 am

What kind of medical conditions prevent someone from wearing a mask?

Is it other respiratory issues whereby the afflicted person will have trouble breathing with a mask on or something else entirely?
Old Aug 11, 20, 6:55 am

Programs: LH Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by pauq View Post

Is it other respiratory issues whereby the afflicted person will have trouble breathing with a mask on or something else entirely?
The only one I can think of is trigeminal neuralgia, which is an extremely painful condition of a nerve in the side of the face. There are a number of triggers, including touching the face. Many sufferers find that even mild wind is painful. More info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia if anyone is interested.
Old Aug 11, 20, 8:37 am

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
The only one I can think of is trigeminal neuralgia, which is an extremely painful condition of a nerve in the side of the face. There are a number of triggers, including touching the face. Many sufferers find that even mild wind is painful. More info at wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia if anyone is interested.
Would a face shield be tolerable for a person with that condition? It may not qualify under the letter of a mask mandate, however combined with documentation it'd be a better middle ground than no mask at all.
Old Aug 11, 20, 10:55 am

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
Originally Posted by pauq View Post

In most places there are certain cognitive disorders that are approved grounds not to wear a mask.

Being bat crap crazy is not among them however.
Old Aug 11, 20, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Most US carriers have eliminated the issue. Masks are required for all passengers, no exceptions (above age 2).

The reasoning is simple. This is not only about the individual passenger, but the safety of other passengers. It's also about "community spread" to other passengers.
Old Aug 11, 20, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Truffles View Post
The only one I can think of is trigeminal neuralgia, which is an extremely painful condition of a nerve in the side of the face. There are a number of triggers, including touching the face. Many sufferers find that even mild wind is painful. More info at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trigeminal_neuralgia if anyone is interested.
Of course there are drug therapies, otherwise how could these sufferers sleep?
Old Aug 11, 20, 9:59 pm

I'm not saying that people should't wear masks. Moreover, I think they MUST do it to protect themselves and others. What I was saying that some people refuse doing it because they just don't want to wear masks for whatever reason.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: