Community
Wiki Posts
Search

secondary inspection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 10:20 am
Original Poster

secondary inspection

I was flying from Montreal to Beijing last month and I was in the bathroom during the flight. The alarm rang randomly, I got out of the bathroom immediately and the attendants checked the bathroom and myself. They suspected me of smoking in the bathroom which I obviously did not and they let me back in my seat because they did not find anything in the bathroom or myself. I got off the plane with no other inspections in Beijing and got to my destination which was Korea. However, I had to go through a secondary inspection in Korea and they checked my bag and my luggage. I did not have anything I was not supposed to so I went out the airport safely. I was just curious if the secondary inspection was caused by what happened during my flight from Montreal to Beijing. I am flying back to Montreal in a few days and I was just wondering if I will go through the secondary inspection again in Montreal. I never went through secondary inspection my whole life while I was travelling around the world and also I saw somewhere that my name could go in their system for any reason and this can lead to secondary inspection whenever I am moving around the world. I am just looking for some opinion because I do not think anyone can give me a definite answer. I also do not think I will get an answer at the airport either. Please give me some opinion!

Last edited by godbless; Sep 3, 2019 at 10:31 am Reason: accidently clicked done
Old Sep 8, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I consider it extremely unlikely that an incident on a YUL-PEK flight would set off a secondary customs inspection in Korea. You were most likely selected at random. It happens to all of us.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
They are unrelated.

Also - if AC (or other airlines) is serious about its suspicion of the smoking, AC would have simply banned you from completing the journey instead.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
YUL-PEK is a flight operated by CA. But your point stands.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.