Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR preclearance on a Monday morning

Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

I have a Monday 7am flight to ORD (then transferring to an international destination). I don't have Nexus or Global Entry. I'm Star Alliance Gold and will need to check-in baggage.

How many hours in advance to do I need to be at the airport?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You are missing the critical datapoints: citizen of what country, where do you reside, and have you encountered any issues with US immigration (or customs) in the past?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Canadian citizen residing abroad. No issues with US immigration/customs.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Good news is no cruise traffic but there may be lots of business traffic. I'd give it at least 2 hrs as CATSA is very slow and immigration may be too. The only priority you'll get is check in and even that can be slow even with *G..
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
In my experience, US departures CATSA gets *very* busy from around 5am to 6am for the bank of flights that leaves around 6 (2xSFO, LAX, MSP, DEN, SEA). You can expect a wait of 30 minutes without NEXUS just for that. Immigration is generally not as crowded because they process people faster than they come out of the CATSA bottleneck.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

CATSA is the security screening? Is there priority for *Gold or Amex Plat holders?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by jetplane86
CATSA is the security screening? Is there priority for *Gold or Amex Plat holders?
Yes, CATSA is security screening. The only priority is for Trusted Travelers (NEXUS and Global Entry).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.