Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air North connects Kelowna and Victoria and Whitehorse

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Air North connects Kelowna and Victoria and Whitehorse

May 18, Air North will start nonstop flights between Victoria and Whitehorse as well as Victoria and Kelowna, as well as Kelowna and Whitehorse.

OK, Yukoner FTers know this. But for BCers, the Victoria-Kelowna route can be a hidden gem. Fridays 5:30 pm from Victoria to Kelowna, Mondays 5:30 pm from Kelowna to Victoria. I see prices from CAD 112 one way - including 45 kg of checked luggage (divided on max. 2 pieces). That price may even include food, I'm not sure.

Note that very few online travel agents list Air North. Fare comparison sites either don't list Air North either or tend to have wrong prices (hello, ITA Matrix).
eigenvector likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Air North has since changed the flying patterns. They usually fly rotations with Victoria and Vancouver on the one hand, and Kelowna and Vancouver on the other hand (YXY-YYJ-YVR-YXY, YXY-YVR-YYJ-YXY, YXY-YLW-YVR-YXY, YXY-YVR-YLW-YXY). But, occasionally, they still have YYJ-YLW and YLW-YYJ.

And when they do, it's a smoking deal, especially when you factor in the free checked luggage (2 pieces!).

Right now, I see seven YYJ-YLW flights: August 19 and 29, October 10, November 7, December 21 and 28, January 4.

YLW-YYJ I see five times: Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 23 and 30, and Jan 6. I haven't checked beyond those dates.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Look like it's been scheduled around statutory holidays for the past few months. .The only other non-stop option is Pacific Coastal which does have valet check so one could bring larger bags than if flying AC or WS.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:13 pm
Original Poster

Pacific Coastal recently increased their luggage fees. And I believe their fares are usually higher.

Air North includes two pieces of checked luggage for free. Of course, they serve the route on select days only. But if that fits with your travel plans, go for it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.