Reload this Page >

Go-to restaurants near Toronto Eaton Centre

Old Jul 26, 19, 10:31 am
Moderator: Information Desk, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

Mr. CE is in Toronto almost weekly, and has had to relocate from the Marriott Yorkville to the Marriott Eaton Centre, since the Yorkville location is closed for the next year for remodeling. If you're on the road all the time you know that trying a new restaurant every night quickly becomes a drag -- and isn't great for the waistline. Anyone have any nearby spots they'd suggest for someone who's usually dining solo (often at the bar while working, so wifi is a must), doesn't want a total scene/loud/ridiculously overpriced, and offers a few staples (steak frites, grilled fish, entree salad, that kind of stuff) that you could eat a few times a week. Bonus if the food is "foodie good," isn't a chain and actually employees a chef.
Old Jul 28, 19, 12:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-MM
Originally Posted by chgoeditor View Post
Mr. CE is in Toronto almost weekly, and has had to relocate from the Marriott Yorkville to the Marriott Eaton Centre, since the Yorkville location is closed for the next year for remodeling. If you're on the road all the time you know that trying a new restaurant every night quickly becomes a drag -- and isn't great for the waistline. Anyone have any nearby spots they'd suggest for someone who's usually dining solo (often at the bar while working, so wifi is a must), doesn't want a total scene/loud/ridiculously overpriced, and offers a few staples (steak frites, grilled fish, entree salad, that kind of stuff) that you could eat a few times a week. Bonus if the food is "foodie good," isn't a chain and actually employees a chef.
The hotel is within walking distance to Elm Street, which IMO, offers a few good resto choices:
- The Elm Tree (43 Elm Street) offers good value. However, I'm not sure if they offer wifi, but I suspect not. However, service is usually efficient, so Mr. CE can maybe take a break and enjoy a nice meal.
- The Queen and Beaver Public House (35 Elm Street) offers British style pub foods.
- Barberian's Steak House (7 Elm Street) is one of my all time fave old-school steak house. More pricey than the above, but worth a splurge. IIRC, they have wifi, but I'm not 100% certain.

I've limited my list to foods ones that fit what you described. Does Mr. CE like ethnic cuisine? There are lots of very good options in the area as well. What were his go-to's in the Yorkville area that he enjoyed?