Wiki Posts
Search

Calgary (YYC) Preclearance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Calgary (YYC) Preclearance

YYC-ORD flight tomorrow early morning. How much time should we allow? We have GE. Not sure whether checking bags, but United premier access.

Dont want to miss flight but also don’t want to miss sleep.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by drewguy
YYC-ORD flight tomorrow early morning. How much time should we allow? We have GE. Not sure whether checking bags, but United premier access.

Dont want to miss flight but also don’t want to miss sleep.

I've taken that UA flight at least a couple times. If you're checking bags, the cutoff is 60 minutes for UA though I know AA also has that route in the summer. After that, you have more time than you'll know what to do with. Transborder security is quick and with GE, the rest takes about a minute or so. If not checking, 45 minutes is enough time for security and immigration.
drewguy likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Thanks. It is UA.

adding: 5am at bag drop, minimal security line (but not quick). Needed the extra time for the long line at Starbucks, but made it to gate as boarding started (5:40 for 6:15 flight).

Btw, it appears your Global Entry card only gets you access to the priority security line, but that you still could go to GE kiosks from
regular line.

Last edited by drewguy; Jul 25, 2019 at 11:21 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.