YYZ or YUL to BKK

Old Jun 19, 19, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR, AC, EVA, UL and PAL
YYZ or YUL to BKK

What are the airlines that provide PE from either YYZ or YUL to BKK?

thank you.
Old Jun 20, 19, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Long list.

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=Y...;sd:1;t:f;tt:o
Old Jun 20, 19, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 19, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, SPG/Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Narrow it down to a more manageable 1 stop and for now avoid EVA since they are on strike and undoing that mess after it ends will take forever. I'd avoid heading east unless wanting stopovers in Europe or the Middle East (not shown, Emirates and Qatar which do fly from Montreal IIRC) , so AC/Thai from YYZ via HKG, Cathay Pacific, probably the best choice, via HKG and I think though not shown , Korean is an option and Philippines has a hugely long non stop to Manila where a connection to BKK would be easy enough.

I'd avoid stops in PRC and stick to HKG or other choices.

I stick to CX for a few trips a year to BKG where I am now for two more days. For HKG alone and the painlessness of transfers for one good reason.
Old Jun 25, 19, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
EK, QR & PR don't have PE products which is why they don't show in the searches.

Your points on avoiding the PRC & BR right now, even though I hold the airline in high regard for service, are spot on though.

Originally Posted by ricktoronto View Post
Narrow it down to a more manageable 1 stop and for now avoid EVA since they are on strike and undoing that mess after it ends will take forever. I'd avoid heading east unless wanting stopovers in Europe or the Middle East (not shown, Emirates and Qatar which do fly from Montreal IIRC) , so AC/Thai from YYZ via HKG, Cathay Pacific, probably the best choice, via HKG and I think though not shown , Korean is an option and Philippines has a hugely long non stop to Manila where a connection to BKK would be easy enough.

I'd avoid stops in PRC and stick to HKG or other choices.

I stick to CX for a few trips a year to BKG where I am now for two more days. For HKG alone and the painlessness of transfers for one good reason.
Old Jun 25, 19, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

I have silver on BR and this trip would get me into Gold hence why looking at BR. Transferring at MNL is a nightmare so I guess I have to use CX. My trip is in September and hope by then the strikes are over. Also the fares on BR was very good on PE compared to CX and PR. I just don't fancy flying via China.

Search this Thread