Wiki Posts
Search

Connection through YUL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:30 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by slothritis
Just curious what everyone else thinks but is it better to take a connecting flight from JFK or YUL ?
Old Apr 7, 2019, 11:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just curious what everyone else thinks but is it better to take a connecting flight from JFK or YUL ?
To where?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite

To where?
casablanca
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:34 am
Suspended

Probably not. YUL is a very simple airport, with one building, whereas at JFK you have many terminals connected by light rail.

At YUL, coming from the US you'll arrive at gate range 49-89, and your international departure will be from 1-68. You'll have to clear Canada customs formalities but won't have to clear security.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Probably not. YUL is a very simple airport, with one building, whereas at JFK you have many terminals connected by light rail.

At YUL, coming from the US you'll arrive at gate range 49-89, and your international departure will be from 1-68. You'll have to clear Canada customs formalities but won't have to clear security.
can I use that canborder app when going to my connecting flight in YUL?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:21 am
Suspended

I have no idea what that is.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:22 am
Original Poster

I have no idea what that is.
those passport kiosks
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:47 am
Suspended

I don't know what (presumably) US-passport holders must do, but you are making this unnecessarily complicated. It will all be pretty clear when you get there, and you have a lot of time.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:52 am
Original Poster

I don't know what (presumably) US-passport holders must do, but you are making this unnecessarily complicated. It will all be pretty clear when you get there, and you have a lot of time.
hahah yeah I tend to do that.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
can I use that canborder app when going to my connecting flight in YUL?
If you mean the Canada eDeclaration app - yes. Though I’ve not been through a valid terminal since installing it due to IRROPs yet lol. But any kiosks of when YUL uses should accept it and saves hitting buttons on one kiosk.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: UA MM

hahah yeah I tend to do that.
In larger Canada airports, making a US --> INTL connection isn't all that different than a regular domestic connection in the US. Just be sure to have your passport in case you need it for one of the steps. The last I remember doing this (at YYZ though YUL is probably the same), I don't think I used any kiosk at all. Basically just followed the signs to my connecting flight.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
In larger Canada airports, making a US --> INTL connection isn't all that different than a regular domestic connection in the US. Just be sure to have your passport in case you need it for one of the steps. The last I remember doing this (at YYZ though YUL is probably the same), I don't think I used any kiosk at all. Basically just followed the signs to my connecting flight.
I’ll definitely have my passport
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Was just curious, but why do you have to go through customs when connecting to a flight in YUL but not in the other Canada airports like Toronto?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Jeez Louise. This is not brain surgery. A US to international connection at YUL is simple. Just go with the flow and follow the signs. If you are this nervous or anal about travel, maybe you should just stay home.
airoli and EmailKid like this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SFO777
Jeez Louise. This is not brain surgery. A US to international connection at YUL is simple. Just go with the flow and follow the signs. If you are this nervous or anal about travel, maybe you should just stay home.
HAHAHA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.