Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

What would you do with two days in Vancouver?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold

I have a wedding to attend in Vancouver in June on a Sunday. Thinking to fly from LA on a Saturday morning and head home on Monday afternoon. How would you spend your time if you only had two days for a first-time visit? Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
We are going to be there for only 2 days, first time visit. This is next week with wife and 2 kids, so probably a little different focus than what you'd have. Also early for whale watching out of Vancouver (would have to go to Victoria Island this early) and we'll see how the weather is for biking.

Anyway, the things I researched include whale watching, the UBC area, Granville Island Public Market, biking around Stanley Park, Capilano Suspension Bridge, and maybe visiting Whytecliff Park on the way back from Whistler-Blackcomb. May give you some ideas.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 3:09 pm

Whale watching is a long and full day affair. It entails a drive from Vancouver to the Ferry, lining up for the ferry,the ferry ride and then a drive to Victoria. Check the weather as the whale watching trips do not go out in rough weather. If you go biking in Stanley Park, try and go early as it gets very crowded.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
We spent a couple days (3 nights) in Vancouver prior to an Alaska cruise in September. We did a food/cocktail tour, biked around Stanley Park (fun but I wanted to kill my husband as we started and I didn't know I couldn't turn around - I'm not really a good cyclist....) Lots of good food and beer. Granville Island for the market (we went early, had breakfast). Sun Yat Sen Chinese garden (lovely, even in the rain!).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
One note after our trip. If you want to spend money to see the Capilano suspension bridge and other things they have, great. We decided we didn't want to drop close to $150 CAD for our family to visit and opted for the free Lynn Canyon bridge and hike. Beautiful scenery, great hike, a little busy on weekends. Much shorter bridge, but we had a lovely time and it cost us nothing but time.

Stanley Park was great, as was Granville Island Public Market. We also stopped by Whytecliff on the way back from Whistler and it was a nice short diversion, really beautiful. I wouldn't go there unless you're in the neighorhood, but not a bad stop to/from Whistler. Watched the sunset on Sunset Beach. Aside from all the freighter ships out at sea, it was really spectacular.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.