Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Looking up YYZ Departures

Looking up YYZ Departures

Old Mar 2, 19, 5:37 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,422
Looking up YYZ Departures

Sitting in a long departure queue onboard AC739 to SFO, and I could swear I saw a KLM 789 and 744 depart within 10 minutes of each other around 7:30pm.

But I canít seem to find a trace of that 789 on any flight tracking sites.

Any auggestions?
capedreamer is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 5:55 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: YYT/YYC/TPE
Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Posts: 1,474
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
Sitting in a long departure queue onboard AC739 to SFO, and I could swear I saw a KLM 789 and 744 depart within 10 minutes of each other around 7:30pm.

But I canít seem to find a trace of that 789 on any flight tracking sites.

Any auggestions?
Perhaps one is cargo?
YYT82 is online now  
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:07 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 1,938
Aliens. 100% it was aliens.

Or, just possibly, this:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/KLM695/history/20190302/1655Z/EHAM/CYYZ
canopus27 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:13 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 1,938
Sorry, I didn't follow the thread title.... the plane I found was an arrival. Totally different thing. My bad
canopus27 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:21 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 16,132
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
Sorry, I didn't follow the thread title.... the plane I found was an arrival. Totally different thing. My bad
Actually, you're right sort of

The 744 was KL 692 and it's on its way. KL 696, the B789 leaves in about an hour or so

Meanwhile @capedreamer is here


24left is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:28 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 1,938
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Actually, you're right sort of

The 744 was KL 692 and it's on its way. KL 696, the B789 leaves in about an hour or so
"Sort of right"???

"Sort of""?

I listed a flight that had just arrived, and so would be taxiing around the airport.... and you listed one that will be departing in "in about an hour or so", and so is almost certainly at the gate right now.

And yet I'm the one that is only "Sort of right"???

Sure, ok.

YYC009 likes this.
canopus27 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:31 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 16,132
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
"Sort of right"???

"Sort of""?

I listed a flight that had just arrived, and so would be taxiing around the airport.... and you listed one that will be departing in "in about an hour or so", and so is almost certainly at the gate right now.

And yet I'm the one that is only "Sort of right"???

Sure, ok.


You're right !!!! More amusing is that we were both looking for capedreamer's potentially imaginary aircraft.

(perhaps I should have used a different emoji when I suggested you were sort of right )
24left is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 6:35 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC*S100K ACMM / HH Diamond
Posts: 1,938
"Sort of"

Hmph

jc94 likes this.
canopus27 is offline  
Old Mar 2, 19, 11:06 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,422
Haha, thanks, @canopus27 and @24left.

I, too, found KL695/696 on Flightaware but the times didnít make sense.

The 789 I saw actually took off maybe 2 or 3 planes ahead of the 744. While it was dark outside and I was quite tired, Iím 99% sure they were both KLM. That livery is quite distinctive after all.

Hmph... will do some more digging tomorrow when Iím fresher!
capedreamer is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 5:22 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: YYZ most of the time
Programs: AC SE100K MM, UA*1K, Princess Elite
Posts: 3,797
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post
Haha, thanks, @canopus27 and @24left.

I, too, found KL695/696 on Flightaware but the times didnít make sense.

The 789 I saw actually took off maybe 2 or 3 planes ahead of the 744. While it was dark outside and I was quite tired, Iím 99% sure they were both KLM. That livery is quite distinctive after all.

Hmph... will do some more digging tomorrow when Iím fresher!
Do you have an accurate time of when this was? I will be at work early tomorrow morning and can look at the radar playback to see who departed around that time.
yyz_atc_qq is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:04 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,422
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq View Post
Do you have an accurate time of when this was? I will be at work early tomorrow morning and can look at the radar playback to see who departed around that time.
Thank you!!

It looks like the 744 (KL692) took off at 7:24pm: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/.../EHAM/tracklog

I would estimate that the 789 in question departed the same runway maybe ~5-7 minutes ahead of it?

Very curious to see what youíll find.
capedreamer is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:05 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: YYZ most of the time
Programs: AC SE100K MM, UA*1K, Princess Elite
Posts: 3,797
Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post


Thank you!!

It looks like the 744 (KL692) took off at 7:24pm: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/.../EHAM/tracklog

I would estimate that the 789 in question departed the same runway maybe ~5-7 minutes ahead of it?

Very curious to see what youíll find.
ok. I get to work around 5am and will have an answer shortly thereafter.

QQ
yyz_atc_qq is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:32 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Programs: AC SE
Posts: 2,422
Originally Posted by yyz_atc_qq View Post
ok. I get to work around 5am and will have an answer shortly thereafter.

QQ
Wait. Going back through it in my head, I realized the 789 could have been rolling down the same runway upon landing!

Checking the flight log, I see KL695 touched down at 7:18pm, so @canopus27 was right all along!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/.../CYYZ/tracklog

Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
Aliens. 100% it was aliens.

Or, just possibly, this:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/KLM695/history/20190302/1655Z/EHAM/CYYZ
Sorry for being an idiot, guys!
capedreamer is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:42 am
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Posts: 16,132
Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
Aliens. 100% it was aliens.

Or, just possibly, this:
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...655Z/EHAM/CYYZ

Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Actually, you're right sort of ....

Originally Posted by canopus27 View Post
"Sort of right"???

"Sort of""?

I listed a flight that had just arrived, and so would be taxiing around the airport.... and you listed one that will be departing in "in about an hour or so", and so is almost certainly at the gate right now.

And yet I'm the one that is only "Sort of right"???

Sure, ok.


Originally Posted by capedreamer View Post

Wait. Going back through it in my head, I realized the 789 could have been rolling down the same runway upon landing!

Checking the flight log, I see KL695 touched down at 7:18pm, so @canopus27 was right all along!
.........
​​​​​​​ @capedreamer
@canopus27
Ya know, I can't post my reply as fast as you.

How big do you want your apology?
24left is offline  
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:02 am
  #15  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 48,731
As this topic has zero to do with Air Canada or Aeroplan the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
tcook052 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread