Wiki Posts
Search

New Nexus Entrance at Pearson

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
New Nexus Entrance at Pearson

so not sure when this happened but experienced today the new entrance to Nexus/Global Entry area at Pearson Terminal 1.

Instead of going in at the front you have to walk all the way around and through crowds of people checking bags etc to get to the entrance. And of course the security check is the same place as it has always been. In other words you get more steps in and it takes longer to get to entrance and no other benefit that I can see.

am I missing something about this “New” entrance that makes it better? (There is a sign posted that says new which might get your hopes up that new is better)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Domestic, transborder, or international?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Transborder
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
First time in a long time last Monday I did a landslide-TB security check at Pearson. Yeah.

Quite a maze.

Someone else mentioned here that TB security is being reworked, or under construction. I saw little evidence of that (I'm sure there was some, but nothing major, airports and hospitals always have some construction I ignore). But the minor construction and NEXUS maze could be step 1 to a major project.

Or they are just messing with us because they can.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I hate the long-ish detour, too. Unfortunately, given what looks to be permanent signage for the new Nexus/GE entrance, I don't think it's going to change back any time soon...
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Well it was easy and functional so lets change it.
What they should change is the washrooms at the baggage hall. Who was the bright spark that designed such small washrooms when each baggage belt has a few flights with hordes of people waiting. There is one urinal and one 'cabin' in the mens washroom. And the ladies frequently has a line up outside the doors.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I think the problem was there was too many people either using or trying to use that line who were not nexus.

This probably keeps things a bit more separated. That is just a guess of course
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

I thought that too but isn’t it why they have the gate police there to check your eligibility?

and I thought it might avoid the annoyance when they direct non Nexus people to the Nexus line due to longer regular lines but that still happened.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by lcohen999
I think the problem was there was too many people either using or trying to use that line who were not nexus.

This probably keeps things a bit more separated. That is just a guess of course
Well they had one person right at the entrance and quite often a second one near the belts checking Nexus. In fact I have seen them 'balance' out the lines by sending regular passengers to the Nexus line
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is a YYZ topic rather than an Air Canada or Aeroplan specific topic the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
See other thread here:

YYZ T1 Transborder Nexus/GE Security Move

Looks like they're switching back and forth the original entrance and the rear entrance.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:11 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by vernonc
Well they had one person right at the entrance and quite often a second one near the belts checking Nexus. In fact I have seen them 'balance' out the lines by sending regular passengers to the Nexus line
Don't shoot the messenger here....I am just telling you what I have heard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.