Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YYZ T1 Transborder Nexus/GE Security Move

Old Jan 17, 19, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Earned: AC SE, AA PLT - Comped: DL PLT, Avis PC, Hertz Platinum

Did a cursory scan of the board and didn't see anything (and it was in the normal place on Sat). Coming through to the US this AM, the nexus lane was moved around the backside of security (all the way down aisle 11, over the bridge, back over the bridge to the 'back door' of the security area. Very poorly signed/seemed temporary, but is anyone aware if this is permanent? I forgot to ask
Old Jan 17, 19, 9:57 am

Programs: Air Canada SE100k, UA Platinum, Delta Gold, Marriott Ambassador
I am flying out YYZ to LAX tomorrow be interesting to see the move.
Thank you for the update
Old Jan 17, 19, 10:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

As this is a YYZ topic rather than an Air Canada or Aeroplan specific topic the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jan 20, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by mattm00se View Post
Did a cursory scan of the board and didn't see anything (and it was in the normal place on Sat). Coming through to the US this AM, the nexus lane was moved around the backside of security (all the way down aisle 11, over the bridge, back over the bridge to the 'back door' of the security area. Very poorly signed/seemed temporary, but is anyone aware if this is permanent? I forgot to ask
Will be using transborder security later this week. Any update about this would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 19, 4:32 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AMEX MR, Avios, Marriott, SPG, many more with negligible points
I'm also interested as I'll be going through this soon as well.

Also, is anyone aware of any delays regarding the US government shutdown? I'm hoping it doesn't affect NEXUS users much.
Old Jan 21, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: Air Canada SE100k, UA Platinum, Delta Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Hey both, Nexus is still in its normal sport at T1, passed through there on Friday and it does not look like its going to move anytime soon
Hope this helps!
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:30 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion, UA Gold, Stariott Plat., HH Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
1/22/19 6AM.

Nexus/GE lane moved to the back as indicated by original OP. I think they might be doing this based on the amount of travelers coming in.

I fly out of this airport at least twice per week and during peak periods there are always normal travelers who manage to wander into Nexus/GE lanes, that might be why they're doing this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:32 am

Programs: AMEX Centurion, UA Gold, Stariott Plat., HH Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ibopm View Post
I'm also interested as I'll be going through this soon as well.

Also, is anyone aware of any delays regarding the US government shutdown? I'm hoping it doesn't affect NEXUS users much.
Not so much for Nexus/GE. Normal lanes however...yikes.

I need to update my latest work visa to my profile but due to the shut down I've been unable to. Been forced to use normal lanes...
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:38 am

Thanks for feedback.
Old Jan 27, 19, 2:39 pm

Used the Nexus lane the other day (YYZ). Signage pretty good. Basically one walks around the security area on the outside and enters the Nexus queue at the back of the room where the X-ray machines are instead of at the front. Presumably due to space considerations, they’ve created a snake qeue situation just inside the entrance. It moves. I guess the security people got tired of non-Nexus people trying to get in. Much less likely now. Also entrance less crowded.

One difference was that crew crew joined the line. While that used to be the case, for quite a while they were directed elsewhere. Of course, they got to jump the queue which made it longer for the rest of us.

On the bright side, the non-Nexus queue was very very long. All in all, pretty good except for the agents busy chatting and discussing personal business instead of watching the crowd.

Search this Thread