Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR International to Domestic and Luggage

Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold

Last time I flew into Vancouver on AC Internationally it was from KIX (October 2018) they had just started to implement fact that you did not have to reclaim baggage at the carousel for arriving passenger from Japan if transferring to an AC domestic flight. In fact, there was an employee holding up a sign saying Japan Arrivals near the carousels to remind one of this fact.

Does anyone have a list of which arrivals this applies to by country (or specifically if Taiwan is on the list)?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is a YVR airport question rather than an Air Canada specific question it's been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Taiwan is not (yet) on the list. So far, you can do a customs-free international-to-domestic transfer on AC & WS flights arriving from the US, Europe and Australia. There have been some trials with a few Asian airports, and the list of approved origin cities will only increase: Creating a Connecting Hub YVR

At present, the transfer takes place by bus; a side door in the arrivals hall leads passengers to a bus which drives them (3 minutes) to Gate 29 in the domestic C pier. Planning and initial construction is taking place to enable that transfer to take place inside the terminal building...anticipate at least couple years down the road, so to speak.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
Taiwan is not (yet) on the list. So far, you can do a customs-free international-to-domestic transfer on AC & WS flights arriving from the US, Europe and Australia. There have been some trials with a few Asian airports, and the list of approved origin cities will only increase: Creating a Connecting Hub YVR

At present, the transfer takes place by bus; a side door in the arrivals hall leads passengers to a bus which drives them (3 minutes) to Gate 29 in the domestic C pier. Planning and initial construction is taking place to enable that transfer to take place inside the terminal building...anticipate at least couple years down the road, so to speak.
Thanks...is this bus a new thing? My last connection flight was KIX to YVR to YYZ and I just arrived as any other international passenger except without reclaiming baggage and then went down the connections corridor to the domestic terminal.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Yes, the buses started this past spring. They're used for the ITD transfers and larger ones are used for the ever-increasing remote stand operations. The option to bypass screening while connecting within the terminal doesn't exist at the moment, but as I mentioned, that's in the long term plans.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.