FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada-462/)
-   -   YUL transfer question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada/1946931-yul-transfer-question.html)

luckylager Dec 20, 2018 10:25 pm

YUL transfer question

I am going to be flying YYZ-YUL-VRA next week and was wondering if I can transfer in Montreal from the domestic gates to the international gates without re-clearing security? Looking at the same flights today, it looks like the YYZ-YUL flight arrived at gate 48 and departed to VRA out of gate A61.

canadiancow Dec 20, 2018 10:37 pm

Yes .

N1120A Dec 20, 2018 10:43 pm

Yes. It is one long terminal.

luckylager Dec 21, 2018 12:01 am

Thanks!!

tcook052 Dec 21, 2018 4:33 am

As this is a YUL airport question rather than an Air Canada specific question it's been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator

worldiswide Dec 26, 2018 8:46 pm

Another question..ord to yul to doh on AA and then QR. What will the transit process be at you? Thanks

bigjon94 Feb 8, 2019 11:32 am

Coming from ORD you will go through Canadian customs and then normally go back through security in the domestic/international area.

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Feb 9, 2019 5:39 am

https://www.admtl.com/en/guide/conne...hts#Etats-Unis

downinit Feb 9, 2019 12:52 pm

When flying EU-YUL-USA, is Global Entry available?

YVR Cockroach Feb 9, 2019 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by downinit (Post 30758356)
When flying EU-YUL-USA, is Global Entry available?

GE doesn't work entering Canada. What it may do for you is speed your way through U.S preclearance and security, if you bring your GE card.

JimInOhio Feb 10, 2019 7:44 am

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach (Post 30759371)
GE doesn't work entering Canada. What it may do for you is speed your way through U.S preclearance and security, if you bring your GE card.

Though you may need your GE card to access expedited security screening at YUL, you don't need (or even can use) the card for US pre-clearance. Your GE status is accessed directly through your US passport.

downinit Feb 12, 2019 10:02 am

I am only connecting in YUL, so am I going directly from the plane to US preclearance or do I need to clear Canadian inspection first? Is there a separate US preclearance line for Global Entry? I am not talking about using the card, but the kiosk (and much shorter line associated with it). I know how GE works, I am just curious if it will help expedite my relatively short connection in YUL. I have no idea what US preclearance is or how it works, and the descriptions online say nothing about GE.

In my limited experience, the immigration/customs agents in Canada (landside and airside) tend to be by far the worst of any country I have been to (~40) in terms of asking a lot of unnecessary and detailed questions, so I would be quite happy if I can avoid that on a tight int'l to USA connection.

JimInOhio Feb 12, 2019 11:06 am

Originally Posted by downinit (Post 30769300)
I am only connecting in YUL, so am I going directly from the plane to US preclearance or do I need to clear Canadian inspection first? Is there a separate US preclearance line for Global Entry? I am not talking about using the card, but the kiosk (and much shorter line associated with it). I know how GE works, I am just curious if it will help expedite my relatively short connection in YUL. I have no idea what US preclearance is or how it works, and the descriptions online say nothing about GE.

In my limited experience, the immigration/customs agents in Canada (landside and airside) tend to be by far the worst of any country I have been to (~40) in terms of asking a lot of unnecessary and detailed questions, so I would be quite happy if I can avoid that on a tight int'l to USA connection.

It's right on the Montreal Airports website linked above:

"If your flight originated outside Canada or the United States and you need to take a connecting flight to a U.S. destination, follow the signs "Connections". There are two possible options:
  • If your airline offers the option of automatically transferring your luggage and you have a boarding pass for your connecting flight, you will be asked to proceed via a connecting flights corridor, avoiding Canadian customs. You will, however, have to go through U.S. customs. Your checked luggage will be transferred automatically by the luggage-handling system. Note, however, that U.S. customs officers are authorized to recall your luggage, if necessary, for manual inspection. If the customs officers do not yet have the information on your luggage at hand, you will be asked to proceed to the waiting area. "
YUL has GE kiosks.

downinit Feb 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio (Post 30769578)
YUL has GE kiosks.

This was the answer I was looking for from the onset. Those last two replies just confused me, as I did read that on the YUL website beforehand.

Thank you