Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YYC transfer; is 1 hour & 4 minute enough time?

Old Dec 19, 18, 5:59 am
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Been a long time since I have transferred through at YYC coming in from the US. I am about to book a flight that has a 1 hour & 4 minute layover.

Does that give me enough time in Calgary to get through customs and onto my next AC flight?
Old Dec 19, 18, 6:29 am

Programs: AC SE100K, WS Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton/Radisson/NH Gold
Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post
Been a long time since I have transferred through at YYC coming in from the US. I am about to book a flight that has a 1 hour & 4 minute layover.

Does that give me enough time in Calgary to get through customs and onto my next AC flight?
Yes. Customs has been streamlined in the new intetninterna terminal. It doesn't leave a ton of room for IRROPs, but it's an okay connection.
Old Dec 19, 18, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this is a YYC airport question rather than an Air Canada specific question it's been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Dec 19, 18, 8:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Star Alliance
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...ion-times.html
Old Dec 19, 18, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04 View Post

Went through customs at YYC yesterday afternoon. I doubt it was more than 10 or 12 minutes from walking off the plane to exiting customs.
Old Dec 19, 18, 11:27 pm

I had a fairly quick transfer off a FRA flight the other day, maybe 15 minutes between deplaning and exiting into the domestic gate area. The main aggravation for me is how confusing and overly complicated the immigration and customs process is. I’ve done it before earlier this year, and yet, it was a struggle to find the Nexus connections area (it turns out access was roped off, and anyway it made no difference as the regular connections line is in the same space as the Nexus machines). There are only two Nexus machines, so there is no advantage to using Nexus, and they dumped everyone into the same line to exit the area—so, really no advantage! It would have been quicker to take the non-connections line as there are about 10 machines there and then cut over to the post immigration connections area. Final aggravation is the two people who check your inbound and outbound boarding pass before you can exit the immigration area and go back into the terminal. As most people have put their BPs away, the lines get backed up here, and definitely for us the woman checking BPs was truly an idiot. She couldn’t read the BP, and was puzzled by the fact that we had an LH BP but were on an AC flight. She didn’t know what FRA referred to on the BP. If someone knows what the purpose of this check is, please let me know, as five paces earlier, Canada customs scans your outgoing BP, so why is a further check needed?

Ok, other than my rant it is a pretty quick process, just unpleasant in my two experiences this year—a reason why I will continue to avoid YYC for transborder and international flights as much as possible.

Search this Thread