Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Time: EU-YUL/YYZ-USA

Old Dec 18, 18, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I'm helping my brother plan his honeymoon to Spain. Several of the most affordable flight options are on United/Air Canada connecting through YUL or YYZ. My biggest concern is the return legs.

United seems willing to sell a ticket with a 1 hour 10 minute connection in YUL, between BCN and ORD (both AC legs). Am I correct in believing that he'll have to clear US Customs Preclearance in YUL? Is an hour enough time to do that? I thought not but if UA is willing to sell the ticket I was unsure.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!
Old Dec 18, 18, 8:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this is a YYZ/YUL query rather than a specific Air Canada question it's been relocated to the FT Canada destination forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Dec 18, 18, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
You are correct in believing that your brother will need to go through U.S. Preclearance in YUL. There is a direct path from intl. arrivals that does not require to go through Canadian immigration first (just a cursory check) and his checked luggage will be forwarded automatically.

If the inbound flight is on time, 70min is ample time to make the connection. If the connection is missed, he will be reprotected on the next available ORD flight (and there are several on AC and UA each day).

Search this Thread