Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

What does an officer writing "81" on my customs form mean?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:35 am
Original Poster

I was trying to create a post, here, to ask the question: Why did the Canadian Customs Agent write the numbers 81 on my form, to re-enter Canada, at Pearson Airport? I could not figure out how to start a thread, so apologies in advance for posting my query here! Can somebody please tell me what it means?

Thank you and very sincerely,

Anthony
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Buckystiles
I was trying to create a post, here, to ask the question: Why did the Canadian Customs Agent write the numbers 81 on my form, to re-enter Canada, at Pearson Airport? I could not figure out how to start a thread, so apologies in advance for posting my query here! Can somebody please tell me what it means?

Anthony
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Anthony / Buckystiles!

Did anything happen to you afterwards that you perceived to be a result of the 81?
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

Anthony
It is an internal code, dynamically changed to separate to bad boys.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

Anthony
Welcome to FT.

The written codes onthe customs forms are ever changing... your 81 is no more unique than a random 65 or LHFT3752.

But as per above... anything happen to you withthe 81?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.