Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Indian citizen with US Green Card do I need transit visa?

Indian citizen with US Green Card do I need transit visa?

Old Nov 14, 18, 11:02 pm
Original Poster
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW
Programs: American - Platinum Pro, Marriott - Platinum
Posts: 428
Indian citizen with US Green Card do I need transit visa?

I'm an Indian citizen with US Green Card, and flying from Dallas -> Vancouver -> Delhi both legs on Air Canada.
6 our layover in Vancouver.

Do I require a transit visa? How do I get it? Can I get it on arrival?

My flight leaves in 2 weeks, so worried. Thanks in advance for the help.
raj_cl is offline  
Old Nov 14, 18, 11:15 pm
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: YXE
Posts: 2,940
You'll need to present an eTA pre-arranged per the questionnaire at:


Can be obtained online with a credit card -- the questionnaire will give you a link. Just like the USA, no sterile transit in Canada.

Last edited by pitz; Nov 14, 18 at 11:23 pm
pitz is offline  
Old Nov 14, 18, 11:37 pm
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: YVR
Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Posts: 3,319
You need an eTA, but not a visa.

Make sure you present your US Green Card at the airport check-in otherwise you will be told you need a visa to transit through Canada like most Indian citizens.
Transpacificflyer likes this.
eigenvector is offline  
Old Nov 15, 18, 3:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending
Join Date: May 2002
Location: YEG
Posts: 48,736
As this is a Canada question rather than and Air Canada or Aeroplan question it's been relocated to the FT Canada destination forum.

Air Canada forum moderator
tcook052 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread