FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada-462/)
-   -   Lines for AC Biz pax at YYZ + General Toronto Questions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada/1939487-lines-ac-biz-pax-yyz-general-toronto-questions.html)

Barkinpark Nov 7, 2018 8:42 pm

Lines for AC Biz pax at YYZ + General Toronto Questions

Hello: I have not been back to YYZ for more than a decade and will make an overnight stopover in Toronto from US to Tel Aviv on AC.

1. Is there a fast security lane for business passengers?

2. If so, is it really faster? I am asking this question because at some US airports at certain times, such as the G gates at SFO in evening time, the TSA Pre line may NOT be faster. There are several reasons, one being that this lane is used for families and wheelchair folks.

3. Is there a fast immigration lane for business passengers?

4. At restaurants in Canada, is drinking water provided for free?

5. Is it possible to ask for smaller portions?

Thanks very much!!

yyznomad Nov 7, 2018 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 30406343)
Hello: I have not been back to YYZ for more than a decade and will make an overnight stopover in Toronto from US to Tel Aviv on AC.

1. Is there a fast security lane for business passengers?

2. If so, is it really faster? I am asking this question because at some US airports at certain times, such as the G gates at SFO in evening time, the TSA Pre line may NOT be faster. There are several reasons, one being that this lane is used for families and wheelchair folks.

3. Is there a fast immigration lane for business passengers?

4. At restaurants in Canada, is drinking water provided for free?

Thanks very much!!

1. Yes, the international E gates have both a NEXUS lane as well as a Premium/Status lane for AC (and other) Biz pax.

2. Yes, I find it to be overall faster in general. The last time I was there, it wasn't a 100% dedicated line and there is some funneling before the machines. There may also be a random particle detector swab.

3. I read that you have an overnight stopover.
a) When you arrive in Canada there is no fastrack/premium lane for AC biz passengers. There is a NEXUS lane.
b) When you depart Canada, there is no immigration exit process. You simply get your boarding pass, go through security, and then to one of the Air Canada lounges (depending on what type of Business fare you're on)

4. Yes. Just ask for "tap water" or something to that effect, in order to differentiate from bottled water which they charge for.

5. If you are referring to restaurants, yes, but don't necessarily expect to get a discount off the menu price. Never hurts to ask though.

smallmj Nov 8, 2018 3:56 am

Originally Posted by Barkinpark (Post 30406343)

I have seen restaurants with a senior's menu that has smaller portions, but not very often. Usually they are family restaurants or truck stops. Also some lunch specials are small portions as well.