Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Who would fly this route ????

Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lost it all and don't care

No wonder Mrs KDS777 and I don't travel anywhere in our own country, yet we continue to rack up status and fly to other countries on other carriers.

Want to go to Quebec City over Christmas. Now we realise going anywhere during major holidays warrants up charges........but........when the cheapest return ticket in the back of the bus is $1,000 and goes YYC-YEG-YYZ-YUL-YQB or something similar with 2 or 3 stops over 24 hours..........

Who buys this itinerary ? Seriously ?

[rant over]

Last edited by KDS777; Sep 10, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by KDS777
No wonder Mrs KDS777 and I don't travel anywhere in our own country, yet we continue to rack up status and fly to other countries on other carriers.

Want to go to Quebec City over Christmas. Now we realise going anywhere during major holidays warrants up charges........but........when the cheapest return ticket in the back of the bus is $1,000 and goes YYC-YEG-YYZ-YUL-YQB or something similar with 2 instead of 3 stops over 30 hours..........

Who buys this itinerary ? Seriously ?

[rant over]
I had a similar reaction when looking to fly to YQB from YQM/YHZ last May, though my situation was not so ridiculous as yours. I would have only needed to make 1 connection in YUL, but most routings were around 6 hours. Add 1-1.5 hours to get to the airport and the need to arrive early for the flight and I decided to just drive the 8 hours instead.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
And in Decembers odds are not good on making every connection. Like anything going through YYZ in Dec-Mar.

Its like a mini EYW itin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.