Reload this Page >

YVR: US-Canada connection. No longer need to go through security again

Old Jul 14, 18, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Iím connecting today from Los Angeles to Vancouver on to another Canadian city. Got through customs, went onto the bus, and they told me that there is no need to go through security again. They said this is new as of last week!
ANA_fan likes this.
Old Jul 14, 18, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Exclamation

As this is not Air Canada or Aeroplan specific the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jul 14, 18, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE; SPG Platnium; HH G
Wonderful news! Long time coming, it might make me consider Vancouver as a connecting city again when flying from west. For Hawaii this year we booked through sfo just to avoid having to do the second security in Vancouver.

Any word on Calgary?
Old Jul 15, 18, 6:32 am

that will be good....last time, they kicked us out after ITD/OSS.... go up to the rat lab walkway and then doors to kick us out landside.
Old Jul 15, 18, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Nice

Had to go through a long line when I flew to YVR to connect to NH - lucky had a long layover, but still no fun waiting for well over a half hour
Old Jul 15, 18, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by zrs70 View Post
Iím connecting today from Los Angeles to Vancouver on to another Canadian city. Got through customs, went onto the bus, and they told me that there is no need to go through security again. They said this is new as of last week!
What was the process like? You used the quick connect service at the bottom of the stairs/escalators to the right of the customs hall? What if you used NEXUS... would you have had to exit normally (or use that crazy long connections hallway to domestic security?)

Search this Thread