Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

TD opens VISA Infinite Lounge @ Union Station

Old Jul 11, 18, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass

TD just opened a lounge inside Union Station in downtown Toronto. I visited it today, a place to hang out waiting for GO and VIA Rail train station. Also, it is adjacent to the entrance to the Union Pearson Express:
Entry involves holding one of four credit cards i.e. no ticket req'd. Closes at 19:30 daily.
Old Jul 14, 18, 4:05 pm
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC Tangerine
Was it worth it?
Old Jul 15, 18, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

initial visit

I think so. Comp wifi, comfortable place to work/relax, coffee/tea,cold drinks. The location is ideal - across from the VIA 1st Class Loounge, directly above the GO concourse. For my initial visit, I stayed 1/2 an hour waiting for my VIA train.
Old Sep 7, 18, 11:37 am

Programs: United Gold, BA Exec Club, Via Rail
Review : TD MLL @ YBZ

Just arrived in Toronto Union Station (YBZ) via Via Rail train (no UA train service for me today) and found a new lounge welcoming me! Here's a quick review and summary:
  • Access Policy : Hold a TD Visa Infinite branded card (primarily AC Aeroplan branded cards) - that's it, no boarding pass or anything else needed!
  • Location : Near Via Rail Lounge/Ontario Tourism Kiosk. In corridor Up Express and Via Rail departure halls
  • Amenities : Table & chairs, comfy lounge chairs, wifi (1 hour limit), coffee and cookies (that's about it!) and water
  • Hours:
    • Monday - Friday : 7am to 7:30 pm
    • Saturdays & Sundays - 9am to 5pm
It would be hard to call this a lounge since the amenities you tend to find in a proper lounge just aren't here (i.e. dedicated washrooms, range of beverages and snacks). OTOH, it's hard to complain about this lounge given the relative ease it is to gain access - it's slightly better than being with the kettles out in the common area.

Here's a photo I took (I didn't want to take many photos inside partly cause there were some people here and there wasn't much to show )

Safe Travels,

James
Old Sep 9, 18, 9:08 pm

Are there any other TD VISA Infinite lounges, existing or planned, anywhere in the world?
Old Jul 31, 19, 3:58 am
Original Poster

no

sokolov, the answer to your question is no. I paid a return visit yesterday (July 30) & I asked the dragon about TD's decision to open a lounge at Union Station? It has to do with TD's decision to invest in the rebuild of the station c/w a food court, ATMs etc. Like the station in Washington, DC. So its a prototype. I recall when AC had a downtown lounge. Its long gone, along with city ticket offices, the "Air Canada" Centre etc.
The place was full. Not surprising since it was mid day. Also, they have a very generous guest policy which will drive Elites mad. I asked about their policy on children and was told guests are allowed - up to 32. That is not a misprint. That is what she said, subject to the dragon's discretion. I support that - having had to tell one of my kids they could not accompany me because of the ridiculous rules of the Star Alliance. A breath of fresh air!
I also have to disagree with James. Their is a dedicated washroom (behind the desk) and cookies i.e. you need to ask. Also, specialty coffee, tea and both iced and mineral water. I was so impressed I am inclined to contact the Star Alliance and (again) recommend this approach.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:03 pm

Programs: UW*, UL*S
WOW! 32 guests! I've only ever passed by the lounge walking to my train and never bothered going in...but it looks super small from the outside. Can it even fit 32 people?

Search this Thread