Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

If your ex-US destined only for Canada as July 1st new Canadian duties will start

If your ex-US destined only for Canada as July 1st new Canadian duties will start

Old Jun 29, 18, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many

If your ex-US destined only for Canada starting on Sunday, new Canadian duties will start, please spread the news to other AC/AP flyers.

Introducing a new surtax on U.S. goods – starting July 1, 2018, certain goods originating from the U.S. are subject to a surtax on the value for duty in accordance with the United States Surtax Order (Other Goods) and the United States Surtax Order (Steel and Aluminum). Please note that the surtax will not apply to U.S. goods that are in transit to Canada prior to July 1, 2018. The surtax will be applied on goods subject to the surtax if a traveller exceeds their personal exemption. A list of goods subject to the surtax is available on the Department of Finance's website.

https://www.fin.gc.ca/access/tt-it/c...pcaa-1-eng.asp

ps...includes toilet paper over your exemption limit

Last edited by skybluesea; Jun 29, 18 at 11:04 am Reason: footnote
Old Jun 29, 18, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
It's all serious stuff, except I admit to LMAO at some items on Table 3

OMG, what will they do in the MLLs?

skybluesea likes this.
Old Jun 29, 18, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Too Many
maybe Kit Kats are covered under one of these broad categories...

could be the death knell for AC FF who only chose J for this treat...
Old Jun 29, 18, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

Exclamation

As this is a Canada topic rather than an Air Canada or Aeroplan specific topic it's been relocated to the Canada FT forum for further discussion.

tcook052
AC forum Moderator

Search this Thread