YYZ Timmies - T3

Old May 14, 18, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
YYZ Timmies - T3

Looks like thereís no Tim Hortons before security at YYZ T3.

Does anyone have an idea the easiest one to get to when driving to the airport? Looks like a few around, coming from the East (ie Toronto). Ideally would set one as the stop point on GPS route to T3.

thanks
Old May 14, 18, 9:52 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
There's a drive thru timmies across from the Park n Fly valet lot.
I thought there was a timmies outside of international arrivals in T3, just a few steps away from the escalators going up to the checkin hall.
Old May 14, 18, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
There is one at the international baggage claim exit in T3. It's tiny and always has a ridiculous line, though.
Old May 15, 18, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Iím picking up so looking for somewhere that I can get to - so non sterile which I fear intl baggage claim will be (not been to T3 in years).

Park n Fly likely my best bet!
Old May 15, 18, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
Thanks, I’m picking up so looking for somewhere that I can get to - so non sterile which I fear intl baggage claim will be (not been to T3 in years).

Not sure what you are looking to get - whether coffee/beverage or baked goods, but the in-airport and drive-thru locations may be limited in their baked good selection depending on time of day. There is a full service eat-in location about 5 mins further north along Airport Road at 6303 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1R8 in case other locations don't have what you are looking for.
Old May 15, 18, 10:46 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Nexus, Global Entry
Can someone explain why it's "Timmies" and not "Timmy's?"

Near as I can tell, there's only one Tim there.

Old May 15, 18, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Thanks, Iím picking up so looking for somewhere that I can get to - so non sterile which I fear intl baggage claim will be (not been to T3 in years).

It's not sterile, it's outside the doors of baggage claim near pier 'F'. Here's the map:

https://www.torontopearson.com/uploa...ls_May2017.png
Old May 15, 18, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all, bad day. Made for the one nearby but foiled by a terrible 401... As mentioned above there is a very small (very slow) non sterile one that had a few donuts but no cappachinos... Seen this before, no idea how a coffee place can not do them but whatever!

I thought it was Timmies. But I could be wrong. Happens a lot here
Old May 16, 18, 7:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: dont care anymore
Food takes forever and coffee is marginal so who cares if there is one or not, although so many drink so full of sugar and cream that I guess it becomes irrelevant. Surely there is something worthy of worrying about it being there or not?
Old May 17, 18, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runningonfumes View Post
Food takes forever and coffee is marginal so who cares if there is one or not, although so many drink so full of sugar and cream that I guess it becomes irrelevant. Surely there is something worthy of worrying about it being there or not?
Whatever your feelings on Tim Hortons (and I take mine black without sugar so not exactly full of cream or sugar) I doubt many would find it below the quality one gets on a TATL (Y) flight
Old May 17, 18, 7:55 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH
I thought it was Timmies. But I could be wrong. Happens a lot here
Since Timmy is a proper noun, pluralizing it makes it Timmys, not Timmies. If you were going to visit Don Cherry and his family, you would be visiting the Cherrys, not the Cherries.
Old May 17, 18, 8:21 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
And the plural of beef is beeves, plural of nieces and nephews is niblings, and if you go to a Toyota dealership, and you see a bunch of hybrid cars, they are pluralized as Prii!! Oh and Opera is the plural of Opus! The English language is so much fun!!
Old May 17, 18, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Arthurrs View Post
And the plural of beef is beeves, plural of nieces and nephews is niblings, and if you go to a Toyota dealership, and you see a bunch of hybrid cars, they are pluralized as Prii!! Oh and Opera is the plural of Opus! The English language is so much fun!!
One Canon many Canon
Old May 17, 18, 9:03 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by laidback71 View Post
Since Timmy is a proper noun, pluralizing it makes it Timmys, not Timmies. If you were going to visit Don Cherry and his family, you would be visiting the Cherrys, not the Cherries.
Yes, but if you just visited Don Cherry's house you'd be going to Cherry's place.

Tim is singular, not plural.

Search this Thread