Reload this Page >

Montreal's Trudeau airport to get $2.5-billion facelift

Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SEMM

Montreal?s Trudeau airport to get $2.5-billion facelift | Montreal Gazette

"A $2.5-billion expansion will take flight at Montreal’s Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport.

Philippe Rainville, who heads Aéroports de Montréal — the non-profit corporation that runs the region’s airports — announced Monday the airport will be getting a new terminal as part of a major expansion project that will take until at least 2030.

About $2.5 billion will be spent in the next five years to add 10 to 15 gates to the airport. Financing details are yet to come for the second phase of the project, which will add another 10 to 15 gates, for a 30-per-cent increase in the airport’s capacity.

In the early 2000s, the corporation consolidated all passenger flights to the Dorval airport, moving international and charter flights from Mirabel, and maintaining that facility for cargo shipments and for use by aerospace manufacturing companies like Bombardier."

[email protected]

twitter.com/jasonmagder

facebook.com/jasonmagderjournalist
run&fly likes this.

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 1, 2018 at 7:45 am Reason: To comply with FT Rule 9 and avoid quoting entire published article.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
[Moderator edit] Does it make sense for there to be two major international hubs 316nm apart in Canada?

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 1, 2018 at 7:41 am Reason: Off-topic; OMNI comment edited.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:19 pm

I hope they call YYC - and do exactly the opposite.
ridefar likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
$30 AIF - ugh.

Countdown to when this thread gets moved to the very lively "Canada" section of FT.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
What does this have anything to do with Air Canada?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
What does this have anything to do with Air Canada?
Nothing so it;s been moved to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Ac forum moderator
Old May 2, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
A few weeks ago, for the first time in 9+ years, I landed at YUL and found myself at a remote gate with the old "lunar mobiles" taking us to the terminal. I guess they really do face capacity constraints in the summer months.

I note from the renderings in the article that the new terminal will take the space of runway 28. So I guess they are going from 3 to 2 runways to increase capacity?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.