Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Washington DC (all areas) to Montreal/Trudeau

Old Apr 12, 18, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Best fares I"ve seen are via Porter Air. BUUUUT, the reviews are more hit and more miss from what I've read. Is it worth it? What if my routing is the 1st flight from IAD w/connnections via Toronto....hoping that if there is a delay I'll be put on the next available flight to Trudeau. Same for the return flights.............what would you do give the most okish reviews of Porter Air?
Old Apr 12, 18, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
drive it

Personally, I would either fly this on AP points (15,000) - or - drive it. BTW, the drive is 9 hours via I-87
Old Apr 12, 18, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tdredi View Post
Best fares I"ve seen are via Porter Air. BUUUUT, the reviews are more hit and more miss from what I've read. Is it worth it? What if my routing is the 1st flight from IAD w/connnections via Toronto....hoping that if there is a delay I'll be put on the next available flight to Trudeau. Same for the return flights.............what would you do give the most okish reviews of Porter Air?
If you have -- or can get -- some Iberia Plus Avios, and can find MileSAAver award seats on AA BWI-PHL-YUL-PHL-BWI, you could get that particular roundtrip routing for just 12,000 Avios through Iberia Plus. (The exact same routing would cost 30,000 Avios through BAEC.)
Old Apr 13, 18, 5:59 pm

Programs: AC E75
Porter are fine, but not sure I would want to transit via YTZ when I don't need to, more than doubles the trip. Unless a lot more, direct non-stop is the way to go.
Old Apr 13, 18, 9:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT
Porter is fine. Connecting at YTZ is a lot easier than connecting YYZ.
eigenvector likes this.

Search this Thread