Reload this Page >

Please comment on my itinerary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please comment on my itinerary

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would switch Day 5, 6 and 7 around.

From Revelstoke, I would drive to Banff. It is not far - 3 Hours max. Do your Banff Activities. Then, head West, back to Lake Louise, do your Lake Louise activities, and then head North on the Colombia Icefields Parkway, one of the most beautiful drives in the world ending up in Jasper. Then drive Jasper to Kelowna (Same distance as Calgary to Kelowna). I would honestly skip Calgary (I live here - sorry calgary). If I gave 10 people your option or mine, I bet 9 would choose mine. It's that beautiful.
HeavenlyJane likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
I forgot to take out Calgary. I have edited my previous post. We are going to stay an extra day in Seattle to be with relatives.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would still suggest looping through Jasper on your way back West rather than backtracking on the same highway
Old May 4, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: Everything
I think you are rushing through the mountains. You have a day of hiking in Banff but not in Jasper. Each park warrants more time, in my opinion, minimally another day each. If it were me, I'd ditch Seattle in favor of more time in the Rockies.
jc94 and eigenvector like this.
Old May 4, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HeavenlyJane
I think you are rushing through the mountains. You have a day of hiking in Banff but not in Jasper. Each park warrants more time, in my opinion, minimally another day each. If it were me, I'd ditch Seattle in favor of more time in the Rockies.
Seattle was originally not part of the plan. But when the relatives learned we're going to NA, they asked that we should meet with them for a couple of days. Cannot say no to them.
Old May 5, 2018, 8:02 am

If you can squeeze in an additional day in Banff, you will not regret it.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

If you can squeeze in an additional day in Banff, you will not regret it.
I know. I would have stayed 2 more nights in Banff and 1 night in Calgary, but we were obliged to go to Seattle.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:34 am

To make you feel better, I will tell you that Seattle is a lovely city. Get out on the water.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

To make you feel better, I will tell you that Seattle is a lovely city. Get out on the water.
I've been to Seattle before. It's a quiet city, somewhat like Vancouver.

Anyway, I'm not going to worry on our itinerary in Seattle as the relatives will take care of it.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:18 pm

Be sure to check drivebc.ca to find out the road conditions on the routes you will be taking. It has all the information about construction, accidents, and any other reason for the road to be closed. What might look like a nice 5 or 6 hour drive could take a day or more if the road is closed for a land slide or bad traffic accident. Drivebc.ca also has a twitter feed which is very handy for up to the minute road reports.
Have a great trip. I think your itinerary looks great.Can I come along?
Old May 8, 2018, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SometimeTraveler
Be sure to check drivebc.ca to find out the road conditions on the routes you will be taking. It has all the information about construction, accidents, and any other reason for the road to be closed. What might look like a nice 5 or 6 hour drive could take a day or more if the road is closed for a land slide or bad traffic accident. Drivebc.ca also has a twitter feed which is very handy for up to the minute road reports.
Have a great trip. I think your itinerary looks great.Can I come along?
why not, we might need a tour guide.
Old May 15, 2018, 1:22 am
Original Poster

From Kelowna, we'll be heading to Seattle. Which border crossing should I take, Osoyoos or Sumas?
Old May 18, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by boybi
From Kelowna, we'll be heading to Seattle. Which border crossing should I take, Osoyoos or Sumas?
The route through Sumas is faster (and the border is not *usually* congested there in contrast to Blaine), but the WA-20 route through Washington Pass is more scenic.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eigenvector
The route through Sumas is faster (and the border is not *usually* congested there in contrast to Blaine), but the WA-20 route through Washington Pass is more scenic.
How about Sumas vs Osoyoos?
Old May 20, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by boybi
How about Sumas vs Osoyoos?
That's what I meant by 'WA-20 route': BC-97 to the border in Osoyoos, US97 to WA-20 over the mountains.
boybi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.