FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada-462/)
-   -   New CBSA Primary Inspection Kiosks (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/canada/1830288-new-cbsa-primary-inspection-kiosks.html)

OSSYULYYZ Mar 18, 2017 8:56 am

New CBSA Primary Inspection Kiosks

Similar to the CBP Automated Passport Clearance. Apparently there will be a mobile app that goes along with it...

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/pik-bip-eng.html

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Mar 19, 2017 6:17 am

The mobile app should be on that webpage, but it is no where to be found. Not on google play store either. Sloppy pre-release testing at CBSA?
--
13F

OSSYULYYZ Mar 19, 2017 6:38 am

It said somewhere on their website tha the app would be available starting 20 March. But yea they could have made that more clear...

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Mar 20, 2017 6:23 am

The new eDeclaration app is now available for download of iTunes and Google Play.

seawolf Mar 27, 2017 10:31 am

Currently only usable at YOW.

majik Apr 27, 2017 1:10 am

In operation at YVR now. Painfully slow compared to the ABC kiosk, long lineups. Charter Rights being eroded one kiosk at a time.

TheBOSman Apr 27, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by majik (Post 28235106)
In operation at YVR now. Painfully slow compared to the ABC kiosk, long lineups. Charter Rights being eroded one kiosk at a time.

Thankful I have NEXUS. Has anyone used the app yet? Asking for friends travelling to YVR who don't have NEXUS.

jix Apr 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 28236389)
Thankful I have NEXUS. Has anyone used the app yet? Asking for friends travelling to YVR who don't have NEXUS.

No, but Nexus at YYZ is now just 2 or 3 questions and no more paper forms to fill.

airoli Apr 29, 2017 7:01 am

The Nexus kiosks at YUL have also had their software updated so it's only 2-3 yes/no questions now.

There are signs posted above the machines saying "Declaration card is mandatory" - these will probably be removed once the new process piloted in YOW is rolled out to YUL as well.

MrJBoy Jul 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by airoli (Post 28244479)
The Nexus kiosks at YUL have also had their software updated so it's only 2-3 yes/no questions now.

There are signs posted above the machines saying "Declaration card is mandatory" - these will probably be removed once the new process piloted in YOW is rolled out to YUL as well.

Can you share what the 2-3 questions were?

seawolf Jul 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Duty was one of them. Forgot what the other one was. E311 is not required for NEXUS.

MrJBoy Jul 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 28557023)
Duty was one of them. Forgot what the other one was. E311 is not required for NEXUS.

Thanks

I will enter Canada just for 12 hours layover then continue to Japan.
I plan to bring almond and walnut I bought at Costco here in CA and I'm wondering if those are prohibited to bring into Canada or not...
I definitely declare them if I take them in my suitcase, but if not, I won't take them in the first place.

If I declare food with NEXUS, will they send me secondary inspection and takes forever to get out???

OSSYULYYZ Jul 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MrJBoy (Post 28557128)
Thanks

I will enter Canada just for 12 hours layover then continue to Japan.
I plan to bring almond and walnut I bought at Costco here in CA and I'm wondering if those are prohibited to bring into Canada or not...
I definitely declare them if I take them in my suitcase, but if not, I won't take them in the first place.

If I declare food with NEXUS, will they send me secondary inspection and takes forever to get out???

Nuts from the States should be okay. They will not take that away. I am unsure if you will get sent to secondary as an agent might want to verify the declaration.

NOTE: if you use the international connection desk, you may not be able to access a NEXUS machine. Your best bet would be to go through Normal Arrivals...

MrJBoy Jul 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ (Post 28557260)
Nuts from the States should be okay. They will not take that away. I am unsure if you will get sent to secondary as an agent might want to verify the declaration.

NOTE: if you use the international connection desk, you may not be able to access a NEXUS machine. Your best bet would be to go through Normal Arrivals...

I hope the nuts are OK.

I will be flying in from SFO, I need to stay in Vancouver over night, and then come back to YVR in the morning, so I don't think I will use international connection desk when I arrive at YVR from SFO, I believe.

seawolf Jul 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Nuts should be declare.