Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Driving from Whistler to Calgary -- where to spend nights?

Driving from Whistler to Calgary -- where to spend nights?

Old Mar 7, 17, 10:10 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 117
Oops, I've mixed those 2 towns up a few times. Driven and cycled from Jasper to Kamloops a few times, Must have been tired last night
surreycrv is offline  
Old Mar 7, 17, 10:18 am
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Posts: 25,674
Originally Posted by surreycrv View Post
Oops, I've mixed those 2 towns up a few times. Driven and cycled from Jasper to Kamloops a few times, Must have been tired last night
I'm tired every night, I get it .

I just happened to see it while looking for myself, and it jumped way up my list of places to stop. Then I saw that it is closed on the day I'm driving through .
TheBOSman is offline  
Old Mar 7, 17, 10:58 am
  #18  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Berkeley, CA USA
Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Posts: 42,777
Thanks for the additional ideas, folks. I'll take them up with my family.
dhuey is offline  
Old Mar 7, 17, 2:24 pm
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
I'm tired every night, I get it .

I just happened to see it while looking for myself, and it jumped way up my list of places to stop. Then I saw that it is closed on the day I'm driving through .
Small northern towns do have odd hours. We had some awesome goat burgers from a food truck in Valemount (was surprised to see one there) last July cuz the pub didn't open til 5
surreycrv is offline  
Old Mar 7, 17, 3:04 pm
  #20  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Austin, Texas
Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Posts: 25,674
Originally Posted by surreycrv View Post
Small northern towns do have odd hours. We had some awesome goat burgers from a food truck in Valemount (was surprised to see one there) last July cuz the pub didn't open til 5
Big Central Texas places do too. I'm actually used to the Sunday-Monday closures (liquor stores closed Sundays due to state laws, many restaurants close on Mondays here). I'll have to look up the goat burgers though, those sound good!
TheBOSman is offline  
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:13 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 58
My Favourite place to stop for a picture is on the Jasper-Lake Louise Icefields Highway 93 is Peyto Lake. It is 30 minutes North of Lake Louise.


https://goo.gl/maps/VuZdt1LszKG2
cgyroof is offline  
Old Mar 15, 17, 11:48 am
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,569
I love Peyto as well - it is a very short walk (although uphill) to get that view, so worth it!
emma69 is offline  
Old Mar 15, 17, 8:44 pm
  #23  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: YYC
Programs: UA 1K, AC E50K, WS Gold, AA Plat, Hertz PC, National EE
Posts: 2,696
This is one of my favorite drives in Canada! Have fun
SKYEG is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread