Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US customs labor action at YYZ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Saturday helps especially if it is not morning or evening. If it is UA or AC ticketed then your should have your YYZ BOS BP and just disembark and head to US CBP transborder.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
UPDATE:

Today's AC 791 was delayed again, almost an hour (similar to my flight the other morning) and also due to pax held up at customs.

It is rather unfortunate that AC can't sent out an email to pax booked on U.S. flights suggesting they get to YYZ even earlier. Obviously it's not AC's fault and US CBP etc are not going to change their pattern until they get whatever it is they want, but all these delays can get messy.

As a result, my AC 792 was delayed 43 minutes today. With favourable winds, we landed on time.

WARNING: Arriving mayhem at Canadian Customs.

So, we come in at gate 78 (178) and do the circuit on the moving walk. (Yes, the same one that was out of service last week, still is). You get to the end where the sign says "Baggage" and normally, you proceed through the doorway and down the escalators etc.

No, tonight they set up a SLALOM course of stanchions. I am not kidding. They closed off the main exit and made everyone arriving zig-zag through this idiocy.

Then you get downstairs and the image you see should be a sigh of relief to those with Nexus/GE: the main immigration line was completely full, backed up outside of the lines. So, I'll assume that the make-shift slalom thing was designed to slow down the arriving pax for a few minutes.

Other than a whole lot of people swearing, I did not see where it improved anything.

What idiots

<rant over lol>
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by tentseller
Just the facts please; We need to know your inbound flight and outbound flight detail. There are two terminal and have different procedure within the same terminal or you might have a terminal change.
AC879 to AC753, on a weekend. They both seem to usually be in Terminal 1 (and that's what the app tells me too). Thank you in advance!
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
AC is exclusive T1.

http://torontopearson.com/Connecting.aspx#
Fill in the blanks and load it onto your tablet or phone.

GE kiosk availability from the international arrival diversion without going through full CBSA immigration is off and on. It depends on CBP staffing at the time of your arrival.
Old May 1, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by tentseller
AC is exclusive T1.

http://torontopearson.com/Connecting.aspx#
Fill in the blanks and load it onto your tablet or phone.

GE kiosk availability from the international arrival diversion without going through full CBSA immigration is off and on. It depends on CBP staffing at the time of your arrival.
All international GE transfers kiosks were functioning today (4 of them). It looked like most of the non-transfer kiosks were also working (at least that's I'm assuming what they were for, two rows of 5 or so), I saw a CBP officer working on one of them, but I didn't see any people using them.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Transborder flight from YYZ later this week. Wondering what the current US border control situation is.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Reposting since my earlier post doesn't seem to be on the thread.

Transborder flight out of YYZ later this week. Wondering what the current US border control situation is like to help determine how early to get to airport. Have GE/Nexus.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Went through GE this afternoon, around 1:15pm, and everything was fine - originating in YYZ and flying AC (T1). I didn't see all, but at least most machines seemed to be functioning (though the one I used, I had to press my fingers down really hard this time to get it to accept my prints - never had trouble with that before). Walked right up to it.

Had food to declare - so had to wait to speak to the "baggage control" officer - he was dealing with someone and there was 1 person ahead of me waiting - probably took about 3 - 5 minutes in line, but once I got to him, he took about 10 seconds to ask me what I had and when I told him packaged chocolate, he stamped my receipt and waved me through (as expected).

I wasn't paying too much attention to the regular line, but seemed pretty light, to me.

For those who might not have flown out of T1 in a while (my last time was very late Jan.), they have moved the entrance to customs from where it was (next to Nexus office) down toward the side where international is. Where you go in, you end up walking back toward the area where the original customs is to get processed, and just inside the entrance, there were some metal detectors and other security stuff that it looks like they are putting in place. Looks to me like they are moving toward the way other Canadian airports are doing pre-clearance now - where you will clear security first (and presumably drop checked bags at the airline counter), then do CBP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.