Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US to US Connection at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
No. You will need to pass Canadian Customs on arrival at YYZ from DFW and then US Customs at YYZ enroute to ORD. Other factors include not just same PNR, but whether you are on one ticket and if not on one ticket, what carrier(s).
Same PNR 3 tickets SAT-YYZ, YYZ-ORD, ORD-MSP all American except for ORD-MSP that is american eagle
Old Mar 28, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
It is all booked on the same ticket. But I had to do it via mulit-destination option since no search would return this routing! I am prepared to miss it but hoping for the best!!
You are asking for a lot to go right, particularly if you have bags. If it was a schedule change that crunched the connection, it may be worth trying to request a free change. That said, I didn't realize they were allowed to sell that routing on one ticket, guess I learn new things here all the time.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
You are asking for a lot to go right, particularly if you have bags. If it was a schedule change that crunched the connection, it may be worth trying to request a free change. That said, I didn't realize they were allowed to sell that routing on one ticket, guess I learn new things here all the time.
Look at the YYZ arrival and departure time.
Based on that, I read it as one ticket into YYZ, one ticket out in the same PNR
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by tentseller
Look at the YYZ arrival and departure time.
Based on that, I read it as one ticket into YYZ, one ticket out in the same PNR
Understood, doesn't matter if you miss the last connection of the night in terms of getting there that day, only saves a fight about getting rebooked. In order to avoid the tight connection, my advice was to utilize the fact there was a schedule change to get a more manageable connection. Depending how it was ticketed, you never know if perhaps a SFO-NYC direct might be possible.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Understood, doesn't matter if you miss the last connection of the night in terms of getting there that day, only saves a fight about getting rebooked. In order to avoid the tight connection, my advice was to utilize the fact there was a schedule change to get a more manageable connection. Depending how it was ticketed, you never know if perhaps a SFO-NYC direct might be possible.
If OP is on two tickets, he is not connecting and the change does not "crunch" anything. The schedule change on his first ticket will have to stand on its own.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Thanks everyone for your comments. This is all one ticket number but the two legs between YYZ and NYC were added on via multi-destination. The cheap fare was YYZ-SIN-YYZ. The change in time was only 10 minutes but with so little time anyway every minute counts. It is within the MCT for US-YYZ and YYZ-US (no guarantee on this I know!) but the combo of the two is what may make it challenging. There will be bags checked unfortunately.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I’m almost 100% certain the ticket is ticketed as NYC-YTO, YTO-SIN round trip, and YTO-NYC.

Question is what is the flight number of the SFO-SIN segment. This determines which carrier published the fare.

If SFO-SIN is a AC flight number, then SFO-NYC nonstop would practically be impossible to be booked on unless it is day of departure IRROPS because AC can’t book SIN-SFO-NYC with AC flight number.

If the fare is UA, then maybe a schedule change can be rebooked as SIN-SFO-NYC.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 6:13 am

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by seawolf

I’m almost 100% certain the ticket is ticketed as NYC-YTO, YTO-SIN round trip, and YTO-NYC.

Question is what is the flight number of the SFO-SIN segment. This determines which carrier published the fare.

If SFO-SIN is a AC flight number, then SFO-NYC nonstop would practically be impossible to be booked on unless it is day of departure IRROPS because AC can’t book SIN-SFO-NYC with AC flight number.

If the fare is UA, then maybe a schedule change can be rebooked as SIN-SFO-NYC.
The advertised fare was the UA/NH: YYZ-SIN, $2600 or so thread so it was a UA fare. I entered the following legs: NYC-YYZ, YYZ-SIN, SIN-YYZ and YYZ-NYC on the UA site. There were lots of options and connections (pages) but I chose what I did because it was AC 787 SFO-YYZ-SFO and I could get AC also on the NYC-YYZ-NYC legs hoping to make connections more convenient. All flights are UA numbers. Only the SFO-SIN-SFO legs are on UA metal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.