Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto Hotel Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, SPG Gold
Toronto Hotel Recommendations

Can anyone recommend hotels to stay at in Toronto? I'm visiting with a few friends in July. Pretty much looking for places close to nightlife (walkable or short cab ride). I read rooms/condos from airbnb are a good option, so perhaps a neighborhood or intersection where I should look is helpful as well.

I did some quick searches and something like the IC looks good (4-stars, ~$160/nt). I'm just wondering if it puts us in a bad location.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 28, 2015, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are two ICs in Toronto - one is on Front Street, which is very close to the CN Tower, Union Station etc. the other is in Yorkville, which is a higher end shopping district, but also near some museums etc. ROM, Bata, etc. I have stayed (and still do stay) at the Front Street IC because of the location (concerts, business events etc.) but it isn't a shiny new IC, some of the rooms show wear and tear, etc.

Nightlife, King & Spadina would be a reasonable intersection to give as there are a number of clubs, bars etc. around that area. IC Front Street would be pretty convenient for there. However, if you are looking for more gay-lesbian nightlife, that would put you further East, Church and Wellesley area and not convenient for the IC.
Old May 28, 2015, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I think we'll probably try the Front Street IC.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:21 am
B1

The Novotel near Union Station is pretty convenient to everything downtown and a great deal - often comes up on Priceline at 3.5*. The IC adjoins the Convention Centre is busy as a convention hotel - it lacks any character. A good mid-price place is the Holiday Inn Yorkville in a great location for museums and shopping.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm a big fan of the Yorkville IC. In no way is this a bad area, in fact it abuts UT. Huge rooms and very comfortable. I've had good luck scoring upgrades there.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:52 pm

My personal favourite is the Delta Chelsea downtown - then again, I am a family-leisure traveller
Old May 30, 2015, 7:39 am
B1

Originally Posted by Cheese
My personal favourite is the Delta Chelsea downtown - then again, I am a family-leisure traveller
Delta sold off that hotel and it became the Eaton Chelsea - with some serious quality problems. It is still the largest hotel in Canada but it's not what it was otherwise. The Yorkville IC is near the Park Hyatt and the Holiday Inn - a fine area but it is far from the intense partying zone.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
The talk on the street is the owner needed a flag back then and Delta was the only chain who entered into the discussion.

Delta has not been satisfy with the relationship due to the lack of 100% effort to keep the property up to the Delta standard.

A few issues has made the press after Delta de-flagged the property which can easily be Googled.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the additional input everyone!
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
There really isn't a "bad" area between Yorkville and Front and between Spadina and Church. Any of the hotels in this area is a short walk to at least something interesting and either the subway or a streetcar. For a first time visit to Toronto I would probably stay further south (between Queen and Front) as there is more night action in this area (outside of the Bay Street Financial District which is dead at night).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.