Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pearson delays persist

Pearson delays persist

Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:14 pm

Programs: SPG Plat,MR Plat Spire Plat/IC Amb, Choice Plat, BW Plat
Originally Posted by maradori
I'm not so sure about that. I'm sure those NIMBY downtown waterfront condo dwellers would much prefer YTZ to be turned into a park or something

I hope AC can chargeback YYZ for some $ or something. Two fiascos in the same week, whew
....taking a poke at condo buyers who bought next to an airport then try to close it by blocking a runway extension....irony would be if they built more Condo's on YTZ and blocked their view.

Now's the time for someone to bring up Pickering if YYZ is out of control and needs back-up. Expropiated land just crying for concrete since the 70's .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickering_Airport
Old Jan 11, 2014, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YYZC2
Not an IBM issue.
The Globe mentioned IBM.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:20 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by Stranger
The Globe mentioned IBM.
In YYZ right now from IST to YVR. Yes, been told it's IBM from India. Kiosk and online check-in is fine and for SE, to go directly to concierge desk.

Also been told that this will take a few more days. It's 930 PM here YYZ time so it's been going on awhile now.

Now my question is.....How will this affect aeroplan mileage credits? Will this be another fiasco again like what happened last June/July 2013????
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by supatight80
Also been told that this will take a few more days.
Days. ...????
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by The Lev
Days. ...????
In yyz domestic mll now. Been told 2 days. Dont know how true that is but thats what ive been told
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: DL, AA, US, AC, Marriott Platinum, HHhonors Silver (Woo Hoo!)
Obviously, an increase in landing fees is order.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:35 pm

The Globe mentioned IBM.
Sorry, I should have been clearer.

This is not an AC/IBM issue. AC systems are A-OK. OLCI and other online functions are totally operational. Kiosks too. Any workstation that is AC-owned is up and running. This is a 100% GTAA screw-up.

The affected systems are supported by SITA, but I openly admit IBM may be in the mix somewhere.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Not an IBM issue.
SITAwould be the software provider but IBM does the IT systems support. SITA roll is to provide the software patch but its up to IBM to tst and install the package onto GTAA environment. IBM failed the installation an was not able o complete a successful rollback to previous version.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by closecover
Obviously, an increase in landing fees is order.
Of course. After the screw-ups and lost of revenue, they need to make it up fast.

Oh, the review Rait ordered on GTTA will show this conclusion:
"A one year review of the GTTA operations order by the Conservative Government reveals that consultants can make lots of money doing a one year review of the GTTA"
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yscleo
Of course. After the screw-ups and lost of revenue, they need to make it up fast.

Oh, the review Rait ordered on GTTA will show this conclusion:
"A one year review of the GTTA operations order by the Conservative Government reveals that consultants can make lots of money doing a one year review of the GTTA"
Not sure where the rat belongs in this? Did they cancel her status?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

This is not an AC/IBM issue. AC systems are A-OK. OLCI and other online functions are totally operational. Kiosks too. Any workstation that is AC-owned is up and running. This is a 100% GTAA screw-up.

The affected systems are supported by SITA, but I openly admit IBM may be in the mix somewhere.
Real question here being, why does YYZ in their arrogance need to control everything, instead of just letting airlines f up on their own?

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 12, 2014 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Will this be another fiasco again like what happened last June/July 2013????
Sorry a bit off topic to ask, but I may have missed this past fiasco... what happened during June/July 2013?
Old Jan 12, 2014, 5:58 am

Real question here being, why does YYZ in their arrogance need to control everything, instead of just letting airlines f up on their own?
The rationale is that by letting the GTAA to act as gatekeeper for the workstations, they ostensibly allow any airline to work any gate or check-in position, offering maximum flexibility and resource utilization.

I believe there are also financial considerations involved, as the workstations' upkeep is offloaded to GTAA, so the airlines have "power by the hour" cost control, paying the GTAA only for they facilities they use for the time period they use it.

The downside? Its the GTAA. As my grandma use to say, "these guys could screw up a one-float parade".

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 12, 2014 at 9:41 am
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
The downside? Its the GTAA. As my grandma use to say, "these guys could screw up a one-float parade".
Are you giving them credit for making the parade at least? That's so kind of you.

Bonobo monkeys could run the airport better than the GTAA.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Bonobo monkeys could run the airport better than the GTAA.
Bonobos are apes not monkeys. but I agree they could run YYZ better than the GTAA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.