Reload this Page >

Montreal to prince Edward island

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Montreal to prince Edward island

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2013, 1:15 pm

VIA Rail has a 50% off sale at the moment. 50% off the highest fare for the service requested (here with bed). Jerseygirl, you should check it out.

"Now is the perfect time to take advantage of 50% off our regular adult fare in Economy (Economy Plus), Sleeper, Sleeper Plus or Touring classes. Hurry to book your trip by August 15, 2013!
Book from August 9 to 15, 2013 (inclusive) Travel by September 30, 2013 (inclusive)"
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sokolov
VIA Rail has a 50% off sale at the moment. 50% off the highest fare for the service requested (here with bed). Jerseygirl, you should check it out.

"Now is the perfect time to take advantage of 50% off our regular adult fare in Economy (Economy Plus), Sleeper, Sleeper Plus or Touring classes. Hurry to book your trip by August 15, 2013!
Book from August 9 to 15, 2013 (inclusive) Travel by September 30, 2013 (inclusive)"
THANK YOU!!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:19 pm

One more thing: Sign up for the Via Preference program for each of you. AFAIK you have to call in after your first trip to activate the registration.

You should receive a nice amount of signup bonus points, which will give each of you at least one free ticket. Even if you don't come back, your friend could use your reward ticket to go to Quebec City or Toronto or something like that.

You get extra points for a) booking online and b) printing your tickets at the machine in Montreal (instead of having them printed at the VIA Rail counter).
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:41 am

DRIVE from Montreal to PEI

I drive from Montreal to PEI every year...this year twice, last year 4 times, and typically 2 or more times. It's 1150 km door to door. I'm going for a wedding this weekend. I leave at 06H and arrive at about 18H with the 1-hour time change from Eastern to Atlantic.
The speed limit is 110Km/H in New Brunswick so you can safely travel at 130. Quebec and PEI are still stuck at 100 Km/H. All but a the eastern-most part of Quebec has divided double lane highways so it's safe and easy going, and Moose are controlled well in New Brunswick.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 10:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I use miles to fly to PEI. One of the best per miles values I routinely get for economy class awards out of the U.S. But flying there isn't necessarily the best idea if you want to see the scenery en route.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I use miles to fly to PEI. One of the best per miles values I routinely get for economy class awards out of the U.S. But flying there isn't necessarily the best idea if you want to see the scenery en route.
w/o mentioning the enjoyment and experience of the Confederation Bridge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.