Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Winnipeg Restaurant Suggestions: open Mondays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2009, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

I'm in YWG next Monday night for the first time ever (en route to Churchill), and every restaurant I've been interested in is apparently closed on Mondays. for example, Bistro 7 1/4. I don't know if this Monday closure thing is a trend or just bad luck for me...

Anyway, any suggestions for Monday night food (have a rental car) would be appreciated. Preference is for "local" food as opposed to Thai. Many thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:16 pm

Rae and Jerry's will give you an authentic 1950's steakhouse experience - and they are open on Monday.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jono
Rae and Jerry's will give you an authentic 1950's steakhouse experience - and they are open on Monday.
Looks like some serious naugahyde in that decor...thanks for the tip!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:48 am

They didn't recreate the 1950's - they have preserved it!

If you end up going, please post your impressions. It is a favourite of mine whenever I am back home in the 'Peg. Prepare yourself for a sea of red - carpet, chairs, waitress uniforms, menu etc. Plus they make a pretty good steak. If you eat in their bar, they have a less formal menu that includes one of the best hamburgers you can get.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:38 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
For a unique dining experience, you can try the Salisbury House on the Esplanade Riel. It's only open until 8 p.m., however. Salisbury House is a Winnipeg institution, though decidedly not "fancy". However, the unique thing about this particular location is that it's on the middle of a bridge over the Red River.

Their website has a nice photo of it in the upper-left corner:

http://www.salisburyhouse.ca/
Old Nov 3, 2009, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jono
They didn't recreate the 1950's - they have preserved it!

If you end up going, please post your impressions. It is a favourite of mine whenever I am back home in the 'Peg. Prepare yourself for a sea of red - carpet, chairs, waitress uniforms, menu etc. Plus they make a pretty good steak. If you eat in their bar, they have a less formal menu that includes one of the best hamburgers you can get.
Do not forget R and J club sandwich (can you eat the whole thing?).

A few more suggestions:

Mirlycourtois
529 Wellington Crescent
In Fernos Bistro
Amici

Last edited by Q Shoe Guy; Nov 3, 2009 at 6:10 pm
Old Jul 10, 2012, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Sorry to dig up an old thread but wondering if anybody has got any new suggestions for dining in YWG? I've got a couple weeks there over the next month and would like to find some good eats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.