Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

extended layover at YYZ - lunch options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

extended layover at YYZ - lunch options?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
No help for any trips in the near future, but this just appeared this morning. Good news starting next year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle2397382/
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Stiff
No help for any trips in the near future, but this just appeared this morning. Good news starting next year.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle2397382/
It's about time.

But where will all these be located? Airside? Landside? T1? T3? Intl departure? US departure?

YYZ T1 and T3 have so many segregated area that not all travelers through YYZ will benefit.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Has anyone mentioned Tim Horton's? They have soup! And donuts! And Tim Bits! And our neighbors to the north seem to love them . . .
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:37 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sorry to bump an older thread; didn't see anything more recent via search...

I have about four hours of free time in YYZ on Sunday mid-day and would like to know if the current lunch options are as grim/limited as suggested above. I'll be entering Canada (I need to get my iris scanned by CBSA for my NEXUS membership) and will be landside. I'm planning on using the trusted travelers security line and Global Entry after I am done to get to the transborder departure area and will have access to the MLL but I was hoping to have lunch before visiting the lounge.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
If you have access to the plaza premium lounges in YYZ, they have decent food. Not a huge selection but a couple of hot options and soup/salads.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:51 am

Alas, my wife has the PP membership and won't be with me so no Plaza Premium access. I appreciate the suggestion, though!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 4:27 pm

Just to close this out for anyone else reading this in the future.

I took a look at the food court that is landside by the Air Canada desks on the third level by the E and F Gates. The Swiss Chalet and Paramount Fine Foods looked interesting and had it been a little later in the day, I might have done that. I ended up spending most of my layover in the Transborder Maple Leaf Lounge and cobbled together a lunch from the free buffet. I was full enough that I could skip the visit to Tim Horton's, which was my emergency backup plan.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
While I realise you've come and gone, if anyone else is landslide go to the Sheraton attached to the terminal and eat in the bar. Great steaks and salads.

They also make a mean Manhattan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.