Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transportation from YYZ to hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Transportation from YYZ to hotel

I just booked a trip to Toronto in May, and I will be staying at the Park Hyatt. I'm trying to figure out how to get from the airport to my hotel for a reasonable rate. The Park Hyatt's website says a taxi will run me $83 before tip, which seems high. Is there anything better priced?

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could do a cab from the airport to Kipling Subway and take the subway over to Bay which should cut the cost by a fair bit. I believe there is a bus that runs to Kipling as well from the airport but I don't know which one.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Taxi service from Airport to Toronto is based on zones and the Park Hyatt falls within the $54 zone (not including fuel surcharge and tip).

If you are looking for cheaper options that that, I recommend the Airport Rocket (bus #192) which goes to the Kipling Station. Get off at the Bay station and walk approx 1 block to the hotel.

The third option is the Pacific Western's Airport Express bus - get off at Royal York and take the subway at Union Station on the Spadina line to the Museum stop and it will be across the street from the Royal Ontario Museum.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
take the TTC

Transit time from YYZ to Bay Stn. Park Hyatt (as described above) is one hour.

The fare is $3.00 CAD exact change. Sched at:

http://www3.ttc.ca/Riding_the_TTC/Airport_service.jsp
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:34 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by neuron
Taxi service from Airport to Toronto is based on zones and the Park Hyatt falls within the $54 zone (not including fuel surcharge and tip).

If you are looking for cheaper options that that, I recommend the Airport Rocket (bus #192) which goes to the Kipling Station. Get off at the Bay station and walk approx 1 block to the hotel.

The third option is the Pacific Western's Airport Express bus - get off at Royal York and take the subway at Union Station on the Spadina line to the Museum stop and it will be across the street from the Royal Ontario Museum.
The Airport Express bus also stops at King St and Peter St. NW corner, which is beside the King St Hyatt! @:-)
Old Feb 11, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tangoer
The Airport Express bus also stops at King St and Peter St. NW corner, which is beside the King St Hyatt! @:-)
Sure it does! That would be great if the OP was going to be staying at the HR Toronto. As the OP was going to be at the PH Toronto, getting off at King/Peter would not be as convenient!
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Originally Posted by neuron
Sure it does! That would be great if the OP was going to be staying at the HR Toronto. As the OP was going to be at the PH Toronto, getting off at King/Peter would not be as convenient!
Ohhh, he's staying at the real Hyatt (Bloor St), not the Holiday Inn-cum-Hyatt on King!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by Tangoer
Ohhh, he's staying at the real Hyatt (Bloor St), not the Holiday Inn-cum-Hyatt on King!
Either way, it's a lot less than $83 by taxi - flat rate.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat by proxy, Sephora VIB, I have a low AA FF#...
I was going to recommend the bus flat out, but before I could figure out where it stopped, I had to finish laughing at the fact that Google labelled the Park Hyatt as being on Road Avenue instead of Avenue Road.

Neuron gives the best options.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Welcome to YYZ.

We're building a train. It should be done by 2015 or so. Hope you can wait.

Seriously, these are your options for getting from YYZ to downtown Toronto:

1) Airport Express (about $20 per person - 30 minutes every half hour)
2) TTC "Rocket" to Kipling Station where you can connect with the Subway ($3.00 per person - 1+ hours)
3) Tax (about $54 total + tip - 30 minutes)
4) Car Rental (probably about $20 per day + parking in Toronto + gas)
5) GO Transit has some options but for where you're going there's really not much point

If I were you I would use the TTC if there are more than one of you. If just you maybe Airport Express.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Air Canada 50K, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Others on Rotation
Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
Welcome to YYZ.

2) TTC "Rocket" to Kipling Station where you can connect with the Subway ($3.00 per person - 1+ hours)
For where you're going you likely will have to connect with the Subway anyway. Again, another reason to use Toronot's pitiful excuse for public transit.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Take the airport rocket to Kipling and then the subway. Should get you there in about 45 mins which is not that much longer than a taxi and much more Eco friendly
Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by CanadianConnection33
Welcome to YYZ.

We're building a train. It should be done by 2015 or so. Hope you can wait.

Seriously, these are your options for getting from YYZ to downtown Toronto:

3) Tax (about $54 total + tip - 30 minutes)
4) Car Rental (probably about $20 per day + parking in Toronto + gas)
5) GO Transit has some options but for where you're going there's really not much point

If I were you I would use the TTC if there are more than one of you. If just you maybe Airport Express.
You're forgetting the best way of all - airport limo. About the same price as a taxi, but a way nicer ride. This is the ONLY way I could travel from Pearson to downtown. All the transit option take way too long, involve walking some distance, and are extremely uncomfortable.

Cheers,
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Extremely uncomfortable? Perhaps when you compare to a limo but time wise it is not that much different. Only 1 change from bus to subway at Kipling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.