Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

When will I pass through Customs and Immigration during my TQM-YYZ-DFW itinerary?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When will I pass through Customs and Immigration during my TQM-YYZ-DFW itinerary?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2011, 7:57 pm
Original Poster

Hey everyone. I currently live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This summer I'll be traveling to the Canadian Maritimes for the first time. Specifically, I'm taking a trip to Moncton to see U2 in concert at Magnetic Hill.

On my trip to the Maritimes, I'm flying Air Canada from DFW to YQM with a layover at YYZ. I'd imagine that I'll have to pass through Customs and Immigration during my layover at Toronto Pearson before connecting (via Air Canada) to Moncton.

How about on my reverse journey (again, via Air Canada all the way) back from Atlantic Canada to Texas?

During my YQM-YYZ-DFW trip, will I pass through Customs and Immigration before my departure from Moncton, or during my layover at Toronto Pearson?

Usually, whenever I fly from Canada to the US, I pass through Customs and Immigration in my departure city (Toronto/Montreal/Vancouver) before flying straight into the US. But my Moncton trip will be my first in which my layover will be inside Canada still.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Can anyone help?
Old Jun 12, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Jericho-79
Can anyone help?
You will pass through Customs and Immigration pre-clearance in YYZ on your way home.

There is lots of info on connecting in YYZ from a domestic flight to a flight to the US in the Air Canada forum.

Have a good trip.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Jericho-79
Can anyone help?
I doubt too many travel mined people are sitting at their computer on a Saturday night waiting to answer questions.

US CBP pre-clearance for Canadian departures is done at the last Canadian airport before the flight lands in US. In your case it is YYZ.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by tentseller
I doubt too many travel mined people are sitting at their computer on a Saturday night waiting to answer questions.
Haha. Yes, you will clear CBSA inspection upon arrival at YYZ, before your flight to Moncton.

You will also clear US CBP at YYZ prior to your DFW departure, as stated by tentseller.

Have a great trip
Old Jun 13, 2011, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
US CBP pre-clearance for Canadian departures is done at the last Canadian airport before the flight lands in US.
Unless of course said airport doesn't have pre clearance. Athough connections at such an airport from another Canadian airport are relatively rare.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan - Elite Status. DL Skymiles - Regular Status
Originally Posted by DanJ
Unless of course said airport doesn't have pre clearance. Athough connections at such an airport from another Canadian airport are relatively rare.
I am curious if they will consider YTZ to get preclearance facilities.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by alexb133
I am curious if they will consider YTZ to get preclearance facilities.
They've apparently been turned down already, but that's not to say it won't happen at some future date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.