Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Edmonton Queen Riverboat Cruise - is it worth it?

Old Apr 15, 11, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, not enough to earn miles

We're thinking of taking this cruise while we're in Edmonton this summer and we're wondering if it's worth it. FWIW, we're considering the afternoon cruise and not the dinner cruise.

Also, any suggestions of must-see/do things in Edmonton?

Thanks!
Old Apr 15, 11, 9:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

FWIW I'd suggest trying the Edmonton Queen as its a different perspective of the city most, including locals, don't see.

As to other sights I'd suggest checking out one of the many downtown festivals held in the main square, Churchill Square, or on the southside arts community along Whyte Avenue known as Old Strathcona.

Enjoy your visit and I'll see what I can do about the weather once I've finished shovelling this morning.
Old Apr 15, 11, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alas, not enough to earn miles
Thanks, tcook. I won't tell you that it's 65F and sunny in Philly today
Old Apr 21, 11, 4:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
Depends When you go

Originally Posted by Guercifgal View Post
We're thinking of taking this cruise while we're in Edmonton this summer and we're wondering if it's worth it. FWIW, we're considering the afternoon cruise and not the dinner cruise.

Also, any suggestions of must-see/do things in Edmonton?

Thanks!
I used to work for them about 10 years ago before I moved. The cruise thing as I recall all depends on when you go during the summer. If it is after mid August I would not go. The water on the river is very low at that point and the boat only goes so far up and down the river. We used to call them puddle cruises. However, if you are going before mid August then definitely it is worth doing.

Search this Thread