Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

8 hours to kill in YVR...any suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8 hours to kill in YVR...any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
If you do intend to use public transit, get a day pass ($9) from the Pharmasave or 7-Eleven stores in the domestic terminal basement. This costs a whopping 25 cents more than a single journey from YVR to downtown and is good for all trains, buses and ferries.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 2:04 pm

With that little time, I would just take the skytrain downtown, and walk around. I wouldn’t bother with the art gallery. It’s nice for Vancouver, but if you’re used to going to museums in any major city, this will not blow you away. The café in there is nice though. If it’s a nice day, it’s a nice place to sit on the patio and have lunch.
I would suggest just walking around downtown area.
If you like Japanese food, the Guu on Hornby street is pretty good, but it is an izakaya. If you’re out on Robson street, you should walk down burrard street towards the water and check out the Olympic sites. There are some nice views there as well. If you want to check out specific food let me know, and I can make some suggestions.

Like someone else mentioned, Shanghai wonderful is very good, but it might be a bit hard to get to, unless you take a cab.

The fairmont has a five hour rate, and is very nice inside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.