YVR: Canada Line AddFare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage, Aerolineas Plus, Hertz, Hyatt, Marriott , SPG.

Well, I haven't seen this posted here.

FYI:

Canada Line AddFare in Effect, January 18, 2010

As of January 18, 2010 all transit users travelling on the Canada Line leaving Vancouver International Airport will be subject to a $5 AddFare in addition to the regular zone fare.

Anyone using pre-paid fares, such as DayPasses, FareCards, FareSaver Tickets, U-Passes, Employer Passes and the BC Government Bus Pass Program will be exempt from the AddFare. DayPasses, Monthly FareCards and FareSaver Tickets are available for purchase at the 7-Eleven and Pharmasave in YVR's Domestic Terminal, Arrivals Level, 1.

The AddFare is being levied and collected by TransLink. The Airport Authority will receive no portion of the money collected from the AddFare.

For more information about the TransLink AddFare or Canada Line service, visit TransLink's website.

Questions? Comments? Email [email protected]

http://www2.yvr.ca/authority/airmail/index.asp?id=1096
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
And how to circumvent it at the airport:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13139866-post142.html
Old Jan 23, 2010, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage, Aerolineas Plus, Hertz, Hyatt, Marriott , SPG.
Oh! It had been posted! Thanks YVR Cockroach.

I paid $2.50 last week (not $3.75), using my credit card (yeah! debit and credit cards are now accepted). I don't know, from YVR to downtown is 2 zones, I thought.

The FareSaver tickets cost $19 x 10 tickets (1 zone) and $28.50 (2 zone tickets).
Old Jan 26, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: AC *E
Originally Posted by starlanet
Oh! It had been posted! Thanks YVR Cockroach.

I paid $2.50 last week (not $3.75), using my credit card (yeah! debit and credit cards are now accepted). I don't know, from YVR to downtown is 2 zones, I thought.

The FareSaver tickets cost $19 x 10 tickets (1 zone) and $28.50 (2 zone tickets).
The 2-zone fare is in effect on weekdays from start until 6:30pm. After 6:30pm weekdays and all day weekends and holidays the fare is $2.50 for travel in 1,2 or 3 zones.

So the fare from the airport to Vancouver with the add-fare will be either $7.50 or $8.75 depending on day and time.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
New business venture during the Olympics. Offer to sell individual fare savers for 3 or 4 bucks at the YVR station. Buy a few dozen of them and make some decent money.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 1:04 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
If we're arriving from the United States and want to purchase FareSaver tickets for the train, must we change change terminals to the domestic terminal (to go to 7-11 or PharmaSave)?

I'm pretty sure my wife would make us take a cab if we had to change terminals to buy these things.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by nnn
If we're arriving from the United States and want to purchase FareSaver tickets for the train, must we change change terminals to the domestic terminal (to go to 7-11 or PharmaSave)?

I'm pretty sure my wife would make us take a cab if we had to change terminals to buy these things.
It's one big terminal. End-to-end (which you'll need to do) is a 5 minute interior walk, tops. Then you'll have to retrace most of it to get to the station . Leave the wife and bags at the foot of the escalator to the train.

You won't get a cab from one end to the other, not without seriously upsetting the cabbie. Might learn some foreign curses though.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
It's one big terminal. End-to-end (which you'll need to do) is a 5 minute interior walk, tops
Here's a map - The area you'll be walking around is the grey area:

http://www.yvr.ca/Libraries/Maps/YVR_Map.sflb.ashx

Note that the walking times they list are ridiculous - WallyB's estimates are correct.

(My wife's 92 year old grandmother could walk faster than the times they've listed.)
Old Jun 16, 2010, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by gglave
Note that the walking times they list are ridiculous
15 minutes from C to D . Must be for the pilgrims who do it on their knees.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 9:05 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Wally Bird
It's one big terminal. End-to-end (which you'll need to do) is a 5 minute interior walk, tops. Then you'll have to retrace most of it to get to the station . Leave the wife and bags at the foot of the escalator to the train.

You won't get a cab from one end to the other, not without seriously upsetting the cabbie. Might learn some foreign curses though.
Thanks. I meant take a cab to downtown, not the other terminal.

(It looks like we'll be taking a cab anyway.)
Old Jun 19, 2010, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by nnn
Thanks. I meant take a cab to downtown, not the other terminal. .
My bad. I've seen people try though.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 2P,PC Rewards
I am arriving at YVR on a weekday morning and will want to take the Canada Line to downtown. I plan on buying a booklet of 10 zone 1 tickets for use during my trip so I'll go to the 7-11 in the domestic terminal. Can I use one of the zone 1 tickets and then pay the standard addfare of $1.25 at the YVR Canada Line station?
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Can I use one of the zone 1 tickets and then pay the standard addfare of $1.25 at the YVR Canada Line station?
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.