Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Terminal? UA SFO YVR

Terminal? UA SFO YVR

Old Jul 12, 2001, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Terminal? UA SFO YVR

I'm flying UA SFO YVR next Wednesday - I'm double checking - will that be the International Terminal? I hardly ever fly from SFO - any other details, tips, changes in the last few years? I may try the ParkSFO that was posted here.

Sylvia
Old Jul 12, 2001, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
UA has been for some time using the Int'l terminal for Canada flights (better verify they still are) - BUT there's a misleading highway sign coming into the airport since the new terminal opened, saying Canada flights - use domestic terminal. Today a YVR flight used domestic and a YYZ flight used int'l.
Old Jul 12, 2001, 10:42 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
When I went to the May FT event in YVR, I checked in at the International Terminal because I wanted to exchange some USD for CAD at Travelex. Then I raced to the Domestic Terminal to catch my flight...
Old Jul 13, 2001, 8:54 am
Original Poster

EPS, were the exchange rates better in the US? I had planned to change at the YVR airport.

How about traffic, Santa Cruz (that's SCZ but not an airport) to SFO. I'm getting a ride, would like to leave at 7:30 AM, go up HWY 1 and across 92, and be there by 9:00 AM for an 11:00 AM "international" flight. Is the plan OK?
Old Jul 13, 2001, 1:20 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
As an AYH member, Travelex gives me "commission-free" transactions. I only exchanged a small amount; once you're in Canada and away from the airport, you should be able to do much better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.