FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   California (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california-450/)
-   -   shuttle service to downtown (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/california/306566-shuttle-service-downtown.html)

rfrost Aug 21, 2003 3:51 pm

shuttle service to downtown

Has anyone tried Metropolitan Express to get downtown? They say they'll pick you up as reserved and will guarantee the trip downtown to take no longer than one hour. It's $20.50, more expensive than Supershuttle, but my last experience with Supershuttle in LA was not a happy one. Alternatively, does anyone have any suggestions, other than a rental car or the $35 plus tip taxi fare, for a 60 minute or less trip to downtown?

mbstone Aug 24, 2003 1:52 pm

60 minutes from LAX to downtown LA is iffy anytime on a weekday, even if you have a car and driver waiting at the curb. Allow 90. I would suggest 1) rent a priceline car for 22-25; 2) take the shuttle bus to Green Line Metro; 3) get there the night before and stay downtown or somewhere close to downtown e.g. N Hollywood.

auh2o Aug 25, 2003 5:29 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mbstone:
60 minutes from LAX to downtown LA is iffy anytime on a weekday, even if you have a car and driver waiting at the curb. Allow 90. I would suggest 1) rent a priceline car for 22-25; 2) take the shuttle bus to Green Line Metro; 3) get there the night before and stay downtown or somewhere close to downtown e.g. N Hollywood.</font>
It is not bad if you are in the car pool lane. Several days a week I go from LAX to Staples Center. In the car pool lane it is only 25 minutes or so...but otherwise 45 to an hour but not usually much more than that...

rfrost Aug 26, 2003 8:02 am

I assume two (eg cab driver and me) qualifies for the HOV lane?

FlyinHawaiian Aug 26, 2003 11:26 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by rfrost:
I assume two (eg cab driver and me) qualifies for the HOV lane? </font>
Yes, taking the 105 to the 110 into downtown.

TransWorldOne Sep 8, 2003 5:12 am

Take the Metro (light rail). $1.60 gets you from LAX to downtown.

SylviaCaras Sep 8, 2003 8:16 am

How is the Metro with a 25" wheeled suitcase? Escalators/elevators, ... ?

I think I'll be staying here, or nearby:
Radisson, 3515 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90010

Sylvia

JS Sep 9, 2003 10:21 am

There are elevators through the metro system from Aviation Blvd (LAX) and downtown.

As long as you can get your suitcase on the G bus at LAX for the ride to the train station, you're all set.

------------------
"There's no sadder sight in this world than that of a football player trying to think." -- Daria

Craig6z Sep 9, 2003 6:27 pm

Don't try the trains to the mid-Wilshire Radisson, especially if you have luggage. You are talking one bus ride and three trains to get to the hotel. Way too much hassle and wasted time.

Take something like a Supershuttle from the airport to this hotel. Fare is probably about $14.