San Diego Hotels - Consolidated Questions & Recommendations Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

San Diego Hotels - Consolidated Questions & Recommendations Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
I had a great stay at the Gaslamp Marriott. One highlight was the rooftop bar/club.

To the guy who was planning a bachelor party weekend, I think the Hard Rock Hotel might fit the bill...
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I had a great stay at the Gaslamp Marriott. One highlight was the rooftop bar/club.
That bar is awesome! If the Padres are playing the night you're there it's a great view and terrific fun. It's pretty amazing how well you can follow the ball from there.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hotel at / near SAN?

If anyone would recommend an competitively priced hotel at or near SAN, I would appreciate it. I am arriving on AA127 and then departing on AA160 the next day.

Thanks,
Styles2375
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:06 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are many ways of searching this out, and there are a number of hotels at / near SAT. Just Googling results in <link>

Given this has nothing to do with American Airlines, this thread will travel to the appropriate Forum.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:13 am

The Quality Inn on Nimitz Blvd. seems to genereally have good rates in comparison to a lot of other hotels. Of course this isn't a 5-star hotel either, but very close to the SAN airport and convenient.

Of course you can always use the Sheraton literally across the street from SAN airport. Pricier, but nicer and may be within your range. If you also search on other sites like hotels.com or expedia.com, they can pull up all the hotels close to SAN airport for you. There are quite a few new ones that just opened on Harbor Drive.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 12:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Despite my esteemed colleague jdiver speaking of SAT, I believe that the OP is indeed asking about SAN, as AA167 is the nonstop JFK-SAN flight. Thus, I am going to move this onward to the correct forum. cab747 has already given excellent advice about hotels near the San Diego airport.

Priceline is another option. The San Diego Airport is just a mile from downtown San Diego, so there are many hotels within a short range of the airport. We aren't like many towns, with a remote airport and hotels that are specifically built for it.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Aug 28, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I recommend you take a look at Humphrey's Half Moon Inn on Shelter Island. It is less than 5 minutes from the airport in a very attractive and relaxed setting. We have stayed there several times and always been very pleased.

http://www.halfmooninn.com/
Old Sep 23, 2008, 1:02 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
suggestions close to the 2Xtree Mission Valley??

Anyone got an alternative to the Doubletree Mission Valley? I have to meet a family member there next month while she is at a convention and we are more interested in a boutique style setting with off-street parking for the rental car. A dining suggestions around here would be welcome as well.

Thanks,

JPat
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:08 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
To the OP - I've had good experience with the Sheraton across the street from the airport by using Priceline. Keep in mind there are, I believe, 2 buildings at this property, one closer than the other to the airport.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
San Diego: Catamaran Resort Hotel in Mission Bay. Thoughts?

http://www.catamaranresort.com/

A friend has found a deal for a small group reunion.

I've read the TripAdvisor comments which are mixed.

Any FTer first-hand experience?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1k
the hotel is crap. Nothing in the area. stay downtown or stay in the La Jolla area.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 2:35 am

Question Need a good budget hotel to stay in San Diego………

I am a media student and I need to submit a project on the night life of San Diego. I am looking for a place to stay in San Diego. Due to the upcoming festive season I need to book the room in advance. Can anyone suggest me a good hotel that suits my budget and it must be close to the night-out venues? Guys, I am looking forward to your suggestions.

Old Nov 27, 2008, 9:55 am
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Fodors and Frommers both recommend La Pensione as San Diego's top budget choice. It's got a great location on Little India, a bustling restaurant area.

Gaslamp Quarter is the big nightlife area for tourists. It's walkable if you are a good walker. You can call the hotel and see if there is bus service.

There's also a hostel in downtown San Diego.

And there is Priceline.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 1:27 pm

This past April, I was in San Diego for a week-long interview with a tech company in the downtown area (followed by an extended week visit). Their HR department sent me an email suggesting some really good low-priced budget hotels and hostels. Here is what they suggested:

Gaslamp Quarters Hotels (Comfort Inn highly recommended)
San Diego Hostels (approx $25/night)
Other hostel listings (approx $26/night)

Have a great time there! I spent the first week in a hostel and then I spent the second week at the Comfort Inn. I extended my vacation because of the Red Bull Air Races. :-)
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:21 pm

Smile Re: Need a good budget hotel to stay in San Diego………

I must say that the nightlife of San Diego is rocking. The magic of this beautiful city comes alive during night and there are many places here that really rock! You will have to give one evening to one particular destination. You must visit the lively streets of Gaslamp Quarter. There are many good budget hotels in San Diego but I will vouch for California Suites Hotel (www.californiasuiteshotel.com). From here all the night-out venues are easy to reach and by staying here you can save some money too. This time of the year, the hotel offers some good discounts. Plus, the breakfast is free Give it a try and I am sure you will love staying here.

Good luck for your project.

Enjoy.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.