Reload this Page >

SAN to LAX on AA, need some assistance

Old Jan 1, 20, 4:08 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr

We are booked in first on AA6073 (compass airlines as American Eagle) in Feb. Flight to LAX and then international in business.

I am getting too many contrary pieces of data on my search elsewhere, so I am asking here.

Is this flight out of Terminal 2?

Will it be a jetway or stairs?

If in T2, can we use the Club? Is it the Admirals Club (closed?) as shown on the airport site, or the airspace lounge as shown on YELP as a replacement? Do we qualify, as it appears that in 2015 we would not have for the AC?

Are there airside dining places in whatever terminal we need to be in?
Old Jan 2, 20, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by ranles View Post
Is this flight out of Terminal 2?
Yes. The separate Commuter Terminal at SAN where flight to LAX used to operate has been closed for a couple of years now.

Will it be a jetway or stairs?
Jetway.

If in T2, can we use the Club? Is it the Admirals Club (closed?) as shown on the airport site, or the airspace lounge as shown on YELP as a replacement? Do we qualify, as it appears that in 2015 we would not have for the AC?
The Airspace Lounge and Admirals Club are the same thing. It's marked primarily as and operated as an Airspace Lounge, but it also functions as an Admirals Club and normal AC access rules apply. There are AA agents at the club; when you enter there are three stands on the left, the first two are staffed by AA agents and the third by an Airspace employee. If you don't have AC access you can also enter for free with an Amex Platinum/Centurion card (not PriorityPass) or pay for a day pass.

Are there airside dining places in whatever terminal we need to be in?
Terminal 2 has many airside dining options, much more than Terminal 1.
Old Jan 2, 20, 3:57 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you Hawaiian 717 or should I say Mahalo!

You have straightened out the issues. Also glad to hear it will be a jetway, as stairs have become a problem.

I don't believe we will be able to use the club, but we will give it a try, after we have some dinner. We are traveling in first, but to LAX not international. Then we are on Cathay Pacific to HKG in business (same ticket) but as I recall AA does not accept this as international for club access rules? We do have the AA card, but it is the more lowly $99 one. Status is long gone, with retirement.
Old Jan 2, 20, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thank you Hawaiian 717 or should I say Mahalo!

You have straightened out the issues. Also glad to hear it will be a jetway, as stairs have become a problem.

I don't believe we will be able to use the club, but we will give it a try, after we have some dinner. We are traveling in first, but to LAX not international. Then we are on Cathay Pacific to HKG in business (same ticket) but as I recall AA does not accept this as international for club access rules? We do have the AA card, but it is the more lowly $99 one. Status is long gone, with retirement.
Business Class on any oneworld carrier on an inter-continental flight should get you Admirals Club access at every airport on your itinerary -- as long as everything is on one ticket. In fact, you should be able to visit any (or all) of the oneworld Business lounges at LAX.
Old Jan 31, 20, 7:57 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you. Rebooked, but data still useful for that.

At SAN Delta sky club near gate 37 or 47? Phil's BBQ near 46? Delta is in T2? Wish all the data I found was the same!

Last edited by ranles; Jan 31, 20 at 8:22 pm Reason: change
Old Feb 1, 20, 4:29 pm

SkyClub located a level above the “Sunset Cove” dining area, between gates 47 and 48. When you take the escalator up, turn right for Delta SkyClub or left for United Club. Phil’s BBQ is between gates 45 and 46. Delta is indeed in terminal 2.
Old Feb 2, 20, 1:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thank you...needed that

Search this Thread
Search Engine: