Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Fresno?

Where to stay in Fresno?

Old Aug 12, 19, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Where to stay in Fresno?

any recommendations for the Fresno area? Will be spending a couple of nights there.

Preferably Marriott or Hilton branded properties.
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:53 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

If anyone knows of a really nice hotel in Fresno, they will truly amaze and please me on the rare occasion when I find myself needing to stay overnight in the city.

Don't expect much!

Ditto for Bakersfield, by the way.
dascc likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
You won't find any really high end stays but there are a few "decent" places. I think it might depend on where you want to stay. The Hilton-branded property in Fresno is a Double Tree, right next to the Convention Center. There is a new Hilton Garden Inn in Clovis, which is the adjacent city, about 20 minutes from downtown Fresno. There is a pretty nice Fairfield by Marriott across the street from the airport and a Courtyard by Marriott on Shaw Avenue, which is near Fresno State.. Any of those should be ok. I'd stay away from any of the properties along US 99 or SR 41/Blackstone Avenue.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AxOS0wOC0xNlIA
Old Aug 12, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
It just occurred to me you might be looking for someplace to stay while visiting the nearby mountain areas. If so, I'd recommend the airport area or Clovis, both of which make for easier access to the mountains. The downtown properties would be a pain in the tookus navigating in and out of town.
dascc likes this.
Old Aug 12, 19, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abmj-jr View Post
You won't find any really high end stays but there are a few "decent" places. I think it might depend on where you want to stay. The Hilton-branded property in Fresno is a Double Tree, right next to the Convention Center. There is a new Hilton Garden Inn in Clovis, which is the adjacent city, about 20 minutes from downtown Fresno. There is a pretty nice Fairfield by Marriott across the street from the airport and a Courtyard by Marriott on Shaw Avenue, which is near Fresno State.. Any of those should be ok. I'd stay away from any of the properties along US 99 or SR 41/Blackstone Avenue.

https://www.google.com/travel/hotels...AxOS0wOC0xNlIA
not expecting anything fancy, mostly looking for clean locations in low crime areas. Thanks for the tip on US 99 or SR 41/Blackstone Avenue.
Old Aug 12, 19, 9:31 pm

The properties east of Freeway 41 at the Herndon exit are also all fine, that puts you near the RiverPark shopping area for some restaurant choices. Just avoid the properties with Blackstone addresses.

At the 41/Herndon exit you'll find a Homewood and Hampton from Hilton's portfolio. The Marriott properties at that exit are just a SpringHill and TownePlace.

There is also a recently opened new-build Hyatt Place and a few other hotels in that 41/Herndon area.

Wherever you stay, consider a dinner reservation (very necessary) at The Annex Kitchen on Shaw Avenue. It has gotten raves from both the Food Network's Simon Majumdar and Tyler Florence.
Old Aug 22, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold. Usually WN or DL if in the air.
I've stayed at the DT downtown and the HGI in Clovis. Both are good choices. The DT is within walking distance to a good local craft brewery (Tioga-Sequoia) and the minor league baseball park, if either of those things are appealing to you.