Wiki Posts
Search

SFO/LAX vs SFO/LGB?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

SFO/LAX vs SFO/LGB?

Hi All

My work travel has recently shifted, and I'm looking for some advice. Previously, I mostly traveled from SFO to the East Coast and have earned status on Alaska (with very frequent upgrades, which has been nice!) I will now be primarily flying between SFO & Los Angeles, with my destination in LA in Carson, pretty much right between LAX and LGB. I've narrowed my options to (1) using Alaska between SFO & LAX or (2) using JetBlue between SFO & LGB. Pros of LAX are maintaining status on Alaska & multiple flight options in case of delays, cancellations, etc. Cons - well, do I really need to list the cons of LAX? Pros of LGB are it's quick & easy and cons are limited JetBlue flights, as well as taking a whole year to earn status. Anything I'm missing in evaluating this? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 2, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SFORob
Hi All

My work travel has recently shifted, and I'm looking for some advice. Previously, I mostly traveled from SFO to the East Coast and have earned status on Alaska (with very frequent upgrades, which has been nice!) I will now be primarily flying between SFO & Los Angeles, with my destination in LA in Carson, pretty much right between LAX and LGB. I've narrowed my options to (1) using Alaska between SFO & LAX or (2) using JetBlue between SFO & LGB. Pros of LAX are maintaining status on Alaska & multiple flight options in case of delays, cancellations, etc. Cons - well, do I really need to list the cons of LAX? Pros of LGB are it's quick & easy and cons are limited JetBlue flights, as well as taking a whole year to earn status. Anything I'm missing in evaluating this? Thanks in advance!
If you can make LGB work, then by all means go for it. The impacts may be a) IRROPS since fewer flights go into LGB from SFO and b) operating times since LGB has limits on when planes can/can't fly as well as rental car facility hours (unless you Uber/Lyft around).

David
dhuey and SFORob like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:37 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS, UA, HY, Hil, Merr
Make sure what you earn is what you can use

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.