Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lake tahoe to sfo pitstop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Lake tahoe to sfo pitstop

Hi, planning to drive from lake tahoe to sfo but the drive is a bit too long ( its 4 hours).

any good city to stop and sleep the night on the way there? Preferably some place with something to see or nice views.

Any ideas?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:13 pm

Sacramento is half way between the 2, great food & bars throughout the city. Old Sac is a nice little stop to grab a drink & eat! Around 3 hours from Tahoe & 1.5 hours from SFO is Napa. Both would be good choices IMO!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Sacramento would be my first suggestion. Exactly en route, generally affordable lodging. Stay downtown / close to the river. The downtown / midtown area has lots of dining and activities, the State Capitol is beautiful, Old Sac has some ongoings. The Holiday Inn, while not the best hotel, is a great location for all of this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 8:22 pm

Sacramento if you really dont want to do the full drive.

https://www.thecitizenhotel.com/en-us
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, sacramento it is
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:27 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
It is generally customary to stop at one of the In-N-Out Burgers on the way also...
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
You can’t go wrong for an overnight stay in Sacramento. I had stayed at the Hyatt Regency Sacramento (on L Street). Hotel is a stone throw away from the Capitol. It is walking distance to Sauced BBQ & Spirits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.