Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > California
Reload this Page >

San Diego to Nuevo, CA without a car?

Old Sep 22, 18, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Are there any public transit options that could be get me at least part of the way from San Diego to Nuevo, CA? I'm hoping to meet a friend in Nuevo, and she's willing to drive part-way to pick me up, but I can't drive, so my options are limited.
Old Sep 22, 18, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by frogoutofwater View Post
Are there any public transit options that could be get me at least part of the way from San Diego to Nuevo, CA? I'm hoping to meet a friend in Nuevo, and she's willing to drive part-way to pick me up, but I can't drive, so my options are limited.
Have you tried the transit option on Google Maps?
Old Sep 22, 18, 9:41 pm

It is not simple, but you can get to the Perris Transit Center, which is about 6 miles from Nuevo on Riverside County buses, consult their web site, www.riversidetransit.com for routes. Coming from the south you would have to take a San Diego County bus north to Escondido, or possibly Greyhound to Temecula to connect with Riverside County buses. There are links on the Riverside Transit Authority website for the bus and commuter rail options out of San Diego.
Old Sep 23, 18, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Gold
There's also Metrolink if you can get to the Oceanside train station (via Amtrak or Coaster from the Santa Fe train station in downtown San Diego). Greyhound via Escondido seems to be the fastest option to Perris though: https://goo.gl/maps/6QKYkyJ7dy12
Old Sep 24, 18, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice! Wow, long trip via public transit, though. I might just splurge and try to take an Uber part-way.
Old Sep 24, 18, 6:33 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by frogoutofwater View Post
Thanks for the advice! Wow, long trip via public transit, though. I might just splurge and try to take an Uber part-way.
Uber is going to be crazy expensive! The train/greyhound option will be the cheapest, but I totally get willing to splurge on an Uber to avoid the greyhound experience.
Old Sep 25, 18, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SANspotter View Post

Uber is going to be crazy expensive! The train/greyhound option will be the cheapest, but I totally get willing to splurge on an Uber to avoid the greyhound experience.
I'm going to be carrying camera gear for a photo shoot, and have to get there, do the shoot and get back in time for an evening event. So for the sake of my sanity, I think Uber + friend driving is the best option. But I really appreciate the advice! It's always good to know my options.

Search this Thread